PDA

View Full Version : Take a Vet fishing to SAWT

jusfloatin
03-31-2010, 11:32 AM
Good day to all

I will donate the use of two fully insured boats and all fuel needed to compete in the up coming SAWT tournament at Travers. The boats will be outfitted with all the necessary safety equipment and portable live well so as to pass safety inspection.

The catch is you will cover the complete entrance fee and supply all fishing equipment for you and a designated Vet. You will be responsable for the boat and your partner. All winnings are yours and your partner to be devided equaly or better yet donate it to the Vet.

You will be required to adhear to all rules and regulations set out by SAWT.

If this is something you would like to do or would just like to help set up send me a PM and we will go from there.

These are the boats that are available:

The white fiberglass is a 16' Canaventure with a 85hp Merc and a Minn-kota for trolling

The Aluminum is a 14' flat bottomed river boat with a 20hp Johnson and a Minn-kota for trolling.

floppychicken
03-31-2010, 05:48 PM
..Man, that's GREAT.

My Wifes GrandPa is a WWII VET. He Doesn't talk about it much as I can only imagine how 'Horrific' it must have been, but Thanks to people like him, we Live and Die without persecution.

Hopefully, I'll be able to take him out fishing in the boat this season....

Cheers, :)

/Joe..

troller
03-31-2010, 06:47 PM
Wow, a great thread like this needs more than 1 reply! I hope you are doing better getting PMs ;)

Good for you!!! This is just an outstanding offer! I tip my hat to you! :wave:

WayneChristie
03-31-2010, 07:11 PM
Thank you Jusfloatin, an honorable and awesome offer! Good Karma better be coming your way or else!

Zulu9er
03-31-2010, 07:20 PM
This could be the start of something big across the country. My Former Maroon Beret is off to your totally unselfish offer. I am up for doing this as well. Its surely a small price to pay to them,,, for the price they paid for us. Gosh,, I hope they like Walleye and NOT Mahi Mahi,,:)

jts1
04-01-2010, 07:49 AM
Good on you , my hats off to you Sir. This is a great show of kindness and respect for people who deserves it all. I believe I am getting involved with this cause in partner with another AOF member. So myself I will be on the water sharing a great day with even better people for this event on Travers. I hope to see some more AOF members out there as well.

jts1
04-01-2010, 02:33 PM
lol guess I should open my eyes you are the other member

redneck posse
04-01-2010, 04:59 PM
are there any boat restrictions? and what weekend is it? i'll send a pm.

jts1
04-01-2010, 05:34 PM
are there any boat restrictions? and what weekend is it? i'll send a pm.

Sent you a email about it aswell

jts1
04-06-2010, 07:03 PM
This is a great cause and I urge you all to get involved. A few of us AOF members here are trying to put this together. If you can not get out on the water with the guys. I believe we will be doing a camp out as well. Get involved anyway you can , I myself will be honored to spend some time with real hero's.