PDA

View Full Version : Bullshead Trip Anyone?

jts1
04-01-2010, 12:02 PM
Well from what I can gather Bullshead is open water. Anyone want to take a lil trip down there and see if we can hammer a BIG trout or two ?

WayneChristie
04-01-2010, 05:50 PM
oh man, if only I didnt have that work thing Id be there :D

kinwahkly
04-01-2010, 06:04 PM
Im hoping to go there tommorow and try fly fishing, Im staying overnite in Fort Mcleoad, how far from Fort Mcleoad is it? I have never fished there before and I would like to try it for a few hours.

sportster
04-01-2010, 06:28 PM
was out there today boys along with the other 60 vehicles or so in parking lot. The was extremely slow as compared to other years, fished 5 hours and only got 3 fish. i never got there till about 10 am but i heard from other fisherman that the bite was very early in the cold. Lake should be almost ice free by tomorrow, prob 85% free today. red chrony's were all i could manage hits on. from talking to other fisherman there were quite a few skunked

ishootbambi
04-01-2010, 10:49 PM
i wouldnt bother...that lake sucks. :evilgrin:

keljay
04-01-2010, 11:34 PM
Im hoping to go there tommorow and try fly fishing, Im staying overnite in Fort Mcleoad, how far from Fort Mcleoad is it? I have never fished there before and I would like to try it for a few hours.

My guess would be 2.5 hours? It takes me about 1.5 hours to go from Medicine Hat to lethbridge.

I was there tonight from about 6:30pm to about 8ish. No bites for me :cry:. The guys fishing near me seemed to be doing alright, i'd say they managed about 4 fish while I was there.

Fishfinder
04-02-2010, 07:37 AM
Well from what I can gather Bullshead is open water. Anyone want to take a lil trip down there and see if we can hammer a BIG trout or two ?

Yes jts1, it's pretty much wide open now. U must make a trip!
Fished from 730-3 from shore and yak. Between 2 of us, landed 8 (4 each), lost about 5. All between 18-19.75"....A lil shy of keepers. Some fattys though WOW and Beeeeeeeutiful fish!
From what I seen....everybody was having some luck, especially the fly fishermen. Dude beside us went home with a 22"er.
Bite was on best up till 10a.m.
Lucky lures were #4 pm's- gold, #2 mepps - gold/white/red.

Wind was very cooperative too which was a big bonus!
Cheers.:)

madatter
04-02-2010, 07:40 AM
:lol:was out there today boys along with the other 60 vehicles or so in parking lot. The was extremely slow as compared to other years, fished 5 hours and only got 3 fish. i never got there till about 10 am but i heard from other fisherman that the bite was very early in the cold. Lake should be almost ice free by tomorrow, prob 85% free today. red chrony's were all i could manage hits on. from talking to other fisherman there were quite a few skunked

I was there from first light till about noon and it was definitely slower as the day went on.....
It was frickin cold out tho....
Fished the dam the whole time(guy with the golden retriever laying around) cause the fresh ice was causing some problems going where I wanted.
Close to a dozen hits and still did'nt land a fish.....I pretty much sucked!!!
Break offs,get offs:cry::cry:
Maybe I should sharpen my hooks and reflexes!!:sick:
My technique seems to need refining.:lol:
Last fish I lost was actually probably a keeper,got him close but not close enough.

Fishfinder
04-02-2010, 07:55 AM
O ya I forgot to mention. FnW officer was there within 20 minutes to check our hooks and licenses. Nice to see em out. Friendly old guy. Got to talkin n he said he was pretty sure Michelle winterkilled and the ice is starting to come off Reesor pretty good but not quite castable yet. Spruce is still good ice. In case anyone was wondering?:)

madatter
04-02-2010, 11:51 AM
O ya I forgot to mention. FnW officer was there within 20 minutes to check our hooks and licenses. Nice to see em out. Friendly old guy. Got to talkin n he said he was pretty sure Michelle winterkilled and the ice is starting to come off Reesor pretty good but not quite castable yet. Spruce is still good ice. In case anyone was wondering?:)

I was at Spruce on Tuesday and yes it still has ice,tho I'm not sure I'd say good ice!!:D:D
Getting pretty wet and soft around the edges.....
Got checked by CO's as well.....its funny cause the older CO remembers me mostly by my dog.....he's such a killer!!