PDA

View Full Version : Aqua vu Explorer 7

Kim473
04-02-2010, 05:58 AM
I just bought one of these at wholesale for $319. Are these ones legal to fish with as I noticed when I got home and tryed it the lights seem to be a white light or sorta blueish and your not supposed to fish with lights. They are not an infra red light. Just dont want to get a big fine as I have seen many co s this year. And do they check cameras for lights and stuff?
Thanks in advance.

DarkAisling
04-02-2010, 07:24 AM
Check out this thread here:
http://www.outdoorsmenforum.ca/showthread.php?t=56242

There is a lot of discussion about lights and fishing in it :) But, for a quick answer, you can fish with it.

Kim473
04-03-2010, 04:17 AM
:confused:

Kim473
04-05-2010, 02:40 PM
bump

nicemustang
04-05-2010, 04:28 PM
All fish camera have lights. It is ok to use them. The regs are referring to spot lights on top of the water to attract spawning fish into the shallows. You can even use lights on your lure, it says so right in the regs.

Kim473
04-10-2010, 05:27 AM
Recieved this email:

Thank you for your inquiry.

While angling in Alberta it is illegal to use a visible light source such as you’ve described. The possession or use of a camera equipped with visible lights is not illegal in itself, but use of the light is prohibited when a person is angling. Some camera units provide the ability to turn off the light source or the cameras use an infrared light (not visible to the eye) so that the camera can be operated legally while a person is angling (with no visible light).

Should you need any further details regarding this matter, I would encourage you to contact the local Fish and Wildlife Division district office in your area. For toll-free access to most provincial government offices, dial 310-0000 within Alberta .

Ben Branscombe

Regulations Officer

Alberta Fish and Wildlife Division

Perty clear, not. I can see some Co giving me a fine just because, unless the lights are disabled with say some black tape over them as they would say I was using them and just turned them off. LOL Key words ( visable light )Gonna call a district office next week. I know I know, I would probly be using the light and turn it off when they drive up but who wouldn't.

Anyone have a CO check there camera?

DarkAisling
04-10-2010, 08:54 AM
Perty clear, not. I can see some Co giving me a fine just because, unless the lights are disabled with say some black tape over them as they would say I was using them and just turned them off. LOL Key words ( visable light )Gonna call a district office next week. I know I know, I would probly be using the light and turn it off when they drive up but who wouldn't.

Anyone have a CO check there camera?

We've never had a CO check our camera, but we've only run into one while out on the ice and that was family day weekend.

You'll probably be surprised to learn that you won't actually be that interested in using the light the vast majority of the time. During daylight hours it isn't necessary, and it'll just drain your battery more quickly. We played around with the light on ours the first day we had it out on the ice, but we didn't touch the light once in any of our following trips as we decided it was really unnecessary.