PDA

View Full Version : Peerlees, Graham, Vandersteene, Utikuma

tombow
04-04-2010, 05:39 PM
We are taking a tour up to these lakes next week, any one been or going this week, Guessing the ice still in good enough to ice fish, nice to know for sure before driving up for last hard trip of the year. Our main target will be lake trout(peerless graham) any info would be great thanks.
:wave:

bear-fighter
04-05-2010, 07:17 AM
was up there yesterday

peerless had good quad access but the ice was starting to get soft

utikima was touchy getting on and off the ice with open water starting to show around some of the heaves and around the edges

fishing wasn't great at either place

noslack
04-05-2010, 07:23 AM
I was also thinking of checking out Utikuma today.

Though still not too sure. I'll report back if I do!

Be carefull out there guys. I had spent the whole weekend at Chain Lakes. The ice quality isn't there anymore. One guy decided to drive on the lake on Saturday....well by the end of the day the ice got really soft, especially at the shore and broke through, sure he might've been in couple feet of water...but that's where it all begins....on the shoreline.....

Be carefull while out on the ice!!

noslack
04-05-2010, 05:01 PM
I just got back from spending the day on the ice. I went up to the Nort East bay. The ice is still thick but losing quality really fast. The shore line is pretty sketchy aswell.

I got 2 perch :huh: one 2 incher and a 13 incher.

Seen guys with a nice catch.

ice
04-06-2010, 12:07 AM
Drove onto utik, 4 days ago,. Lots of ice.
Fishing was reall slow tho. Except for the Burbs.
If you want some perch or pike. hit Mcmillan.
Ecellent fishing there the last few days
You cant stay out for long cuz the access gets pretty ****ty

""Wattery muddy. and thin. Later in the day. making it hard to manouver through the trees. mainly after dark. cuz you might slid into a tree. otherwise. you shouldnt have a problem getting stuck if you have 4x4 just mudd really theres a hard bottom too it.
its good for getting some pike and perch fishing in ealry.
And heading to Utikuma in late day for some eyes and burbs

ice
04-06-2010, 12:12 AM
I was also thinking of checking out Utikuma today.

Though still not too sure. I'll report back if I do!

Be carefull out there guys. I had spent the whole weekend at Chain Lakes. The ice quality isn't there anymore. One guy decided to drive on the lake on Saturday....well by the end of the day the ice got really soft, especially at the shore and broke through, sure he might've been in couple feet of water...but that's where it all begins....on the shoreline.....

Be carefull while out on the ice!!

its always the shore thats most fragile. i find that if you start sinking bad.
Back out. and make your own trail along side the other.
Usually the ice isnt so batterd.
but mind you. you dont want to get completely stuck while its getting dark fast,
Especially on Utikuma:lol:

Shmag
04-07-2010, 10:10 AM
Drove onto utik, 4 days ago,. Lots of ice.
Fishing was reall slow tho. Except for the Burbs.
If you want some perch or pike. hit Mcmillan.
Ecellent fishing there the last few days
You cant stay out for long cuz the access gets pretty ****ty

""Wattery muddy. and thin. Later in the day. making it hard to manouver through the trees. mainly after dark. cuz you might slid into a tree. otherwise. you shouldnt have a problem getting stuck if you have 4x4 just mudd really theres a hard bottom too it.
its good for getting some pike and perch fishing in ealry.
And heading to Utikuma in late day for some eyes and burbs

I could be wrong, but thought McMillan is closed