PDA

View Full Version : Ground Blind

Forrest
08-28-2007, 02:50 PM
I set up two ground blinds for Bow season. Made them out of straw bales and Camo netting.(Good idea?). I put one of them 25 yards off of game trail that leads to the alfalfa crop. The other, I put 20 yards off the game trail at other end of field. Was wondering if this was good idea?(location?) Since this is my first time hunting with a ground blind. Was wondering if any of you old pro's have advise for using a ground blind? Seen a bachelor group of mule's together on the game trail were i set the second blind.

Thanks
Forrest

bobalong
08-28-2007, 03:43 PM
I am not sure by your post if you are setting up on the edge of the field or back up the trail in the bush. I have had much more luck moving my stands/blinds at least 200-300 yards back up the trail into the bush, rather than on the edge of the bush. The deer are not so skittish back in the trees and where I hunt a lot of the times by the time they get to the edge of the bush/field it is too dark to see them, but when they pass the stand back in the trees a few hundred yards there is usually lots of shooting light left.

Forrest
08-28-2007, 04:34 PM
The trail is along the river in the scrub. It comes out of the scrub 35 yard away from my blind and passes by my blind and into the alfalfa field. The scrub is really thick so setting blind not easy . They are also bedding in the scrub. The bucks come out of the scrub up a little creek and out into the alfalfa. Passing by the first blind at the south end and then by the second blind at he north end.