PDA

View Full Version : Sibbald

Gary K
04-05-2010, 12:20 PM
Anyone head out to sibbald lake or sibbald lake pond? Never been there just wondering what it's like? And if there's an opertunity to toss some still water flys?
Thanks guys
Gary

Scott N
04-05-2010, 12:46 PM
I've fished out there before. It's a small, shallow body of water that tends to get weedy later in the summer. The fish don't get very big, but they're fun to catch. These lakes are typical of Alberta's stocked waters, although probably a little smaller than most.

skain11
04-05-2010, 01:26 PM
Tried ice fishing at Sibbald Pond this year. While my luck was scarce a friend did manage to take a few nice rainbows home ( over 12 inches). If I ever tire of floating the Bow perhaps I'll bring the 'toon boat to try some stillwater as well....sk

FishingForLife
04-05-2010, 02:20 PM
Im gonna head out to sibbald next weekend and see what the conditions are like. I fish that pond and the lake up top quite a bit every year.
Sibbald Lake is the one where the Rainbows can get quite big. Bout a pound and a half or so. The pond down below has Rainbow, Cutthroat the odd Cutbow, and Brook trout. I even find the pond socially divided.lol.
You have the Rainbows on the south side, Cuts on the north eastern side, and Brookies in the back corner. And just last year, me and my buddy landed some pretty impressive brook. A few even pushing the 2 lb mark on the scale. But I'll be sure to update everyone when I head out to kananaskis this weekend. Gonna hit a few lakes.

Gary K
04-05-2010, 02:33 PM
Thanks for the info guys. Definitly looking for ward to that update can't wait to get out there my self