PDA

View Full Version : NSR in Devon?

biggamehunter
04-07-2010, 11:56 AM
Has anyone fished the nsr in Devon. If so please tell me what your catching and on what. Im going up there today and need all the advice I can get. Thanks alot.

biggamehunter
04-07-2010, 12:08 PM
would a wolly bugger, ehc, or leech work?

olson308
04-07-2010, 01:15 PM
i've caught walleye, pike, and goldeye just west of the bridge about 1k. might give it a go on the weekend, but havent gone out yet.

I don't know about fly fishing unfortunately, but mostly i've used larger spoons (5 of diamonds, red or black on yellow) for the pike and walleye. in the evening you can see the goldeye poke up, and i usually go with small spinners.

hope that helps. have fun, O

pdfish
04-07-2010, 04:04 PM
Still ice along the banks, just drove over the bridge a few minutes ago.

biggamehunter
04-07-2010, 06:36 PM
K thanks guys I think the ice should clear up soon im going friday might see you up there man.

testigor
04-07-2010, 11:33 PM
Hi guys,

Does that mean that one can fish on the banks of NSR near Devon(once there is open water)?Are there dates were this is not allowed?
Thanks!

pdfish
04-08-2010, 06:48 AM
Hi guys,

Does that mean that one can fish on the banks of NSR near Devon(once there is open water)?Are there dates were this is not allowed?
Thanks!

Consult the 2010 Fishing Regulations for all sorts of useful answers.

biggamehunter
04-08-2010, 10:13 AM
Its open all year in Devon. So I am sure you can fish even though there are still patches of ice. And is there a road you take olson to get to your spot or do you just walk?

olson308
04-08-2010, 11:19 AM
i have family that lives at the top of the valley on the north side, so i take my neice and nephew and we just walk down and cut across the field (all on foot) and we end up on the back side of the first major bend in the river to the west (just around the first bend visible from the bridge deck).

its pretty secluded there, as most vehicles/people dont make it past the corner. but, when the river is low, we've seen people drive almost to the corner with pick-ups and have "beach parties." Some quaders get up to there to, but theres some holes that will suck up a quad. but its an easy-ish walk (a little bit of bush walking) along the north bank. theres a fence line around the farmers field, just follow it past the corner and you'll be pretty close to where i fish.

theres a parking lot below the bridge on both sides of the river. i fish from the North bank, on the west side of the bridge - so cross the river and turn west at graminia then take your first left and follow that road back to the river.

if its ice free, take some chest waders, you'll be able to get at least 1/4 the way across the river easily.

O.

biggamehunter
04-08-2010, 02:58 PM
Thanks for all the advice O.