PDA

View Full Version : Yellow Dog Fishing Lodge

craigmid
04-07-2010, 06:12 PM
Hi Everyone,
The boys are heading north fishing this year :D and we are wondering if anyone has been to Yellow Dog Fishing Lodge (http://yellowdoglodge.ca/) located north of Yellowknife. We are heading there in early July hoping to still catch some decent lake trout.

Does anyone know anything about this place? :huh:

adventures
04-08-2010, 08:43 AM
I was up there several years ago, before Gordon took over the lodge. It’s a really nice place with good facilities. I was there in late June and the fishing was excellent, especially for pike. We did catch lakers, but the pike were too much fun so we spent most of our time targeting them in the shallow bays in the north end of Duncan Lake. The biggest pike we caught was 49” and there were quite a few in the 44-48” range. We also saw a much larger pike chasing one of our 48”s near the boat. Most of the lakers we caught were 5-10 lbs, but one closer to 20 on the last day right in front of the lodge. All the fish were released. Have had good feedback from clients who have been to the lodge since Gordon took over. Lots of water to explore there and it only gets ‘dark’ for a couple hours at that time of year, so you’ll have a great time I’m sure.

craigmid
04-08-2010, 10:34 PM
Thanks for the comments. I'll be sure to take some pictures. It looks like a beautiful spot and Gordon seems like a really friendly guy.