PDA

View Full Version : Weird question?

Fishfinder
04-09-2010, 06:40 AM
This may not be quite on topic but I figure this pertains to fishn becuz of the many lakes along the way. Highway #3 between the Hat and Lethbridge, I have heard, back in the day, when all the little towns along the way got officially named...somebodies made a mistake? While Grassy, Purple springs, Burdett etc etc were jus starting to grow, the train that was meant to deliver the names of all these lil towns to their respective mayors....well, somehow the envolopes got mixed up, and every town along the way got the name of the town down the road and not the proper name intended? Don't know or think this is true but have heard it from a couple people now so I'm startin' to wonder.
Is my leg being pulled or has anyone else heard this?:huh:
Cheers.

Fishfinder
04-09-2010, 09:09 AM
Hmmm, well I thought for sure someone on here could clarify this, guess it remains a mystery for me. I wanna believe it's true cuz the town names are a bit off the mark I reckon. Hmmmm......i will continue to wonder, and wonder:huh:

RedFisher
04-09-2010, 10:21 AM
yah ive heard of somthing like that... but i dont think it true... who knows...

Guitarplayingfish
04-09-2010, 03:16 PM
No offense but thats a silly question. If you have any fishing questions Im sure they will get answered. what matters is the towns are named on the maps, and so are the lakes. They aren't going anywhere =)

BrainTan
04-09-2010, 05:05 PM
The towns of Grassy Lake and Bow Island are mixed up if thats what you mean. never heard it being all the towns. there is a book on Alberta town origins that you might find useful, can't remember the title

keljay
04-09-2010, 06:00 PM
The towns of Grassy Lake and Bow Island are mixed up if thats what you mean. never heard it being all the towns. there is a book on Alberta town origins that you might find useful, can't remember the title

This is true. The Bow Island is "the forks" where the Old Man and the Bow meet North of Grassy Lake. And apparently there is a grassy lake near Bow Island. A confusing story I know! Now all we need is for Corb Lund to write a song about it!

Fishfinder
04-10-2010, 09:26 AM
No offense but thats a silly question. If you have any fishing questions Im sure they will get answered. what matters is the towns are named on the maps, and so are the lakes. They aren't going anywhere =)

No offense, but this is a useless stupid reply. And it apperars as though there is some truth to the story kinda sorta. Don't like, don't read donkey:wave:
Thx to the rest that at least offered some insight!