PDA

View Full Version : Glenmore Res Contradiction

jts1
04-09-2010, 04:53 PM
Glenmore Reservoir
Open all year – Trout limit 5; Mountain Whitefish limit 5 over 30 cm; Pike limit 3 (no size limit); Perch limit 15; Bait fish not allowed

OK thats from the regs. But city bylaw states you cant ice fish it... I was out there once on the ice what if I had got pinched? Would have fought that ticket for sure. Does this mean you cant fish it in the summer as well , not that I am. Wouldn't want to see the 3 eyed simpsons fish you would pull out of there anyways. I looked at the city bylaw for Glenmore Park , but it might as well be typed in sand script for all I could understand. I got that you cant use ant kind of inflatable boat with any kind of motor but thats about it? This needs to be amended in the regs for sure.

75ft Arborist
04-09-2010, 07:24 PM
I believe it works in conjunction with the signs posted around the park stating "no swimming". If your walking on the water maybe it falls under this:confused: Although, i remember taking sailing lessons out there when in high school. And almost everybody tipped and went for a dunk the first day. High school kids learning to sail on our "drinking water". Man the bylaw guys would have a field day everytime a yellow bus showed up.:lol:

nick0danger
04-09-2010, 09:53 PM
what i find funny is we go swimming in the bearspaw, and that is also a source for the water treatment system.

calgarygringo
04-09-2010, 09:59 PM
The rules you are speaking of are the stay off the ice/water. With it being our drinking water they do not want anything falling into the water you may be toxic :lol::lol:. You can shore fish all you like or when the water is open canoe or row or sail out but be careful as I hear pontoon boats like you have are a sticky one as well.
My buddy Dale who came with us that trip to Pine Coulee this winter was supposedly fishing there on his day off this week. His wife told me today they caught a couple of small pike and another guy there was stalking a moby pike that was cruising him for a couple hours. There are some big ones in there if you can find them.....

luckyme
04-09-2010, 10:22 PM
which side of glenmore he will be? i went there last season by heritage park,dock close to the rowing club,and by something park (can't remember the name) close to a dock too but no luck.i may give another try this season.:)

calgarygringo
04-09-2010, 10:34 PM
I belive down at the south end. The north end is still pretty much frozen except for a few open spots. When they were there she said there was not a lot of open water, but that was on Wednesday.

rielbowhunter
04-10-2010, 11:27 AM
I have iced fished it before, but was kicked off 2 years ago bye one of the bylaw guys, we had a argument . the funnest part was he would NOT come out on to ice and talk to us. So we stated off yelling at each other, about 200 yards away, (I think he was to scared).lol. It ended with me walking back across lake to my car ,and him yelling at me to come to him on his side, when I was driving out of parking lot on south side he was driving in , and I just keep on driving. Lol.

Braun
06-02-2010, 09:34 PM
The reason why they do not allow ice fishing is because the water levels in the glenmore fluctuate alot. As drastically as a foot over the span of a few weeks. not saying that it happens alot but it can and does happen from time to time depending on conditions. So when it ices over and fluctuates it can create air pockets under the ice or large cracks.

Nerdapres'
06-02-2010, 10:00 PM
I say they should let retards ice fish all they want on it. Natural selection will lower the fishing pressure on other legal lakes.:happy0034: