PDA

View Full Version : Coral Lake

Mike_W
04-10-2010, 12:01 PM
Anyone ever fish coral lake?

Seriously considering a trip there this summer just wondering what the lake is like?
We would be staying a couple nights ......are there many trees?

Any other info is appreciated

Thanks
Mike

Hike n Fish
07-23-2010, 10:17 AM
have you made it up there yet? if so how was the hike? me and a buddy are planning a trip up there in the third week of august and I was wondering if this trail to coral lake could be completed in 1 day. thanks for the info, happy fishing

Hike n Fish
08-18-2010, 09:12 PM
Just got back today. Absolutely beautiful country up there. I would give yourself 2 full days to make it up to coral lake and bring some sandals as there are more than a dozen creek crossings on the way up. We didnt make it all the way up to the lake but i can tell you the trail up as far as we went, around 20 km, is good. We saw a lot of bear tracks and droppings along the trail so practicing bear safety techniques and bringing some bangers or an air horn would be a very good idea. Also, dont be afraid to leave the trail as its laid out for horses and u can avoid some of the crossings if u do a little scrambling along the edge of the creek. It is very isolated, we didnt see anyone for 3 days strait up there... we had an emergency satellite 911 thing and a GPS with us. Thats all I can think of for details. Here is a link to a video montage of our trip. enjoy :)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=81Nc4nrtdEk