PDA

View Full Version : Reeldoctor!!!

rk4
04-10-2010, 11:42 PM
Have you guys checked out this shop? if you have not had the chance to go there give it a shot. the service was great and the guy who owns it, trever is awesome. i took in my minn kota and a few reels to have fixed and within 2 days i got a call and he had them fixed and cleaned up looking like new it was great. has anyone else been to this shop?

redneck posse
04-11-2010, 12:25 AM
yup and ill be back great service cheap and a lot of help

acedave3
04-11-2010, 03:30 AM
x2

Geezle
04-11-2010, 06:23 AM
I actually just picked up a spare spool for my Shimano Sidestab 2500 yesterday. I PM'd him about it a week or so ago, and he had it waiting there for me when I finally had time to stumble down to the shop :)

Badback
04-11-2010, 06:25 AM
Have you guys checked out this shop? if you have not had the chance to go there give it a shot. the service was great and the guy who owns it, trever is awesome. i took in my minn kota and a few reels to have fixed and within 2 days i got a call and he had them fixed and cleaned up looking like new it was great. has anyone else been to this shop?

Bought a sonar flasher from him

kinwahkly
04-11-2010, 06:35 AM
Where are they located?

BigIrv
04-11-2010, 07:47 AM
Took my ultralight shimano there after I dropped a part under a pier while doing a spool change. Had the part I needed, charged $5 bucks. Great deal and super nice guys too. Gotta go back for another part this spring.

They are on 51st Ave and about 88th street. North side of 51st in a strip mall.

DarkAisling
04-11-2010, 07:49 AM
I actually just picked up a spare spool for my Shimano Sidestab 2500 yesterday. I PM'd him about it a week or so ago, and he had it waiting there for me when I finally had time to stumble down to the shop :)

Do you have the part # for that, Jay? I emailed him about getting some spare spools for my 2500s last year, but he wanted me to phone in and give him the part # . . . which I didn't have. Actually I want spare spools for my 1000s, too, but I have no idea what that part number is. :(

thorne
04-11-2010, 09:03 AM
Ill jump on this one...Ive got quite a few good deals from him, and good service. If there is something you want, but the new price is a little to much. Give him a call and he might have something rebuilt for cheaper..example. Went to take my old Marcum in to get the camera cable replaced. Walked out with a referbished Aquaview Quad 4 for almost 1/2 the price of a new one. He does trades and exchanges, so if you want to upgrade he will take your old stuff, give you a credit toward the stuff you want, and he is very into his business and loves what he does! Great guy.

linemanpete
04-11-2010, 09:22 AM
He stayed late after hours to meet me to sell me a $10 part for an old reel I had. Thats customer service!

seahawkfisher
04-11-2010, 09:32 AM
i needed parts for a couple of old reels. went to trevor to see what he could do. he took my number down and said he would get back to me... about a week later he called and told me to bring in one of my reels; turns out he was able to give me a replacement reel and return the dammaged reel to quantum - no charge. then like 4 months later he came across the other part i was looking for and called me up for that one too.

on a side note, i needed some warruntee work done on my foot control for my powerdrive V2; he just replaced it with a brand new one on the spot.

top notch service that you wont find anywhere
cheers

tonyflyfish
04-11-2010, 10:39 AM
he is currently cleaning and repairing two reels and two rods for me.

Geezle
04-11-2010, 09:08 PM
Do you have the part # for that, Jay? I emailed him about getting some spare spools for my 2500s last year, but he wanted me to phone in and give him the part # . . . which I didn't have. Actually I want spare spools for my 1000s, too, but I have no idea what that part number is. :(

I just dug up the schematic for it from the Shimano site, and for the 2500 the part number is RD 9688. I think I got the only 2500 spool he had, but he had a spool from another Shimano reel that was EXACTLY the same, just the sticker was different.

For your 1000's I don't know if you have the SI 1000RB or SI1000RE, but you can check out the schematics for them here for the part number :) http://fish.shimano.com/publish/content/global_fish/en/us/index/customer_service0/Reel_Schematics/discontinued/spinning/sidestab.html

DarkAisling
04-12-2010, 08:52 AM
For your 1000's I don't know if you have the SI 1000RB or SI1000RE, but you can check out the schematics for them here for the part number :) http://fish.shimano.com/publish/content/global_fish/en/us/index/customer_service0/Reel_Schematics/discontinued/spinning/sidestab.html

Thank you :) I'll check when I get home to see what model they are.

Jayball
04-12-2010, 10:00 AM
I have been there a few times... traded in a couple reels and repaired a couple more. Good shop.

wallycranker
04-13-2010, 08:48 PM
drove 3 hours to drop off %$&@ up trolling motor. got to the reel doctor at 430 and was just gona leave it. trevor worked on motor till 630 so i didnt have to come back and pick it up. awesome service and excellent with minn kota trolling motors.

mooseknuckle
04-13-2010, 08:52 PM
WOuld this place to take a couple of really old reels for a restoration 1 is over 60 years old and the other even older? I suppose it would depend if he needs parts or not? I think I'll try him out.

thorne
04-13-2010, 08:57 PM
Moose come on!!! You'll try anyone out!!;) LOL...Ya give him a shout. im sure he can help ya!

mooseknuckle
04-13-2010, 09:16 PM
Moose come on!!! You'll try anyone out!!;) LOL...Ya give him a shout. im sure he can help ya!

Yeah I know I'm easy... don't tell my wife that.:lol:

Geezle
04-13-2010, 09:49 PM
WOuld this place to take a couple of really old reels for a restoration 1 is over 60 years old and the other even older? I suppose it would depend if he needs parts or not? I think I'll try him out.

If anybody around town can get it restored for you, odds are he's the guy :)

Walleye101
04-13-2010, 09:54 PM
I'v had quite a bit of work done with them and it has always been top notch!!! He's really turned the store around big time from what it used to be. Great job Reel Doctor!

aulrich
04-14-2010, 10:35 AM
I am assuming this is the guy we are talking about?

http://www.reeldr.com/contact.html

redneck posse
04-14-2010, 10:55 AM
I am assuming this is the guy we are talking about?

http://www.reeldr.com/contact.html

thats him.

kitchen
04-14-2010, 06:25 PM
went down to his shop and was pleasantly surprised! i took in three reels, a damaged rod (broken eyes), and had it done in two days. i went back a week later and he fixed my terrova in another two days!

not only is the service great, but he a really nice guy who loves to talk fishing. i could spend an hour just looking at the pictures he has in his shop. big walleyes!

he'll go the extra mile just to make sure your satisfied when you leave. now i have a "go to guy" when it comes to fishing equipment repair. my friend went down there with an auger and he fixed that up also.

courjaco
04-15-2010, 09:11 AM
the reel doctor is the best place every to go to for fishing gear :) :D

Rob Miskosky
04-15-2010, 09:21 AM
And that will be enough free advertising for the Reel Doctor. We have paying customers here.