PDA

View Full Version : Shore fishing slave lake

slvrsurfr
08-29-2007, 10:44 PM
Taking my son to Slave...anyone know any decent spots we can fish from shore?

Chief
08-30-2007, 11:13 AM
Which part of the lake are you headed to? We are just west of Joussard and I know a lot of people come to the boat launch in the town to fish from shore. There is a long stone wave brake that extends out that can accomodate quite a few people. A ton of walleye were caught off this area in May and June but I don't know what it's been like this summer.

There are also 5 or 6 rivers and creeks that we pass between Joussard and the town of Slave Lake that might be worth a try, but I do not know what kind of fishing you could expect out of them. Maybe someone with better knowledge of the whole area might know. Good luck.

pickrel pat
08-30-2007, 06:04 PM
there is a river that runs through town(slave lake), on the north end. their is a small weir(dam) that some of the boatless locals like to fish. the fish congragate at the bottom of the weir. not much privacy but the fishing can be good.

Greasemonkey
08-30-2007, 07:58 PM
go up to martin river camp site walk to the beach walk a couple of hundred yards in either direction wade out to your waist start casting husky jerks fire tiger works good you should catch all the fish you want. good luck

slvrsurfr
08-30-2007, 09:48 PM
thanks guys!....my son will be very excited if he can catch a walleye!..