PDA

View Full Version : Mercury dealer in Calgary?

Duck Hunt
04-12-2010, 09:09 PM
Looking to get some carb kits for my old Merc, but can't seem to find a dealer in Calgary. Is there one? I'm done with Nanton, there hopeless!

nicemustang
04-12-2010, 09:16 PM
Couple options. Renfrew marine seems to be OK. At least they are helpful and friendly when I've gone in for parts, but haven't used them for service. Or if you look at this thread you can call Colin. He's a very good merc service tech that can get you merc parts. http://www.outdoorsmenforum.ca/showthread.php?t=34540

sheephunter
04-12-2010, 10:21 PM
Bass Pro

big zeke
04-13-2010, 12:01 AM
I'll go back to Renfrew when everyone else has gone broke. One thing I can say is that they are very consistent...it's like a hybrid between Air Canada and Revenue Canada, just add water.

Try Bass Pro, I haven't had work done there myself but in speaking with the service folks they seem knowedgeable, the pricing that they quoted seemed fair but decided to do the job myself after the tech told me how. The one parts gal is great, she really knows her stuff esp on I/Os. Back when they opened, they were able to get on your boat in a day or 2, I'd suspect that is no longer the case.

Renfrew...what's next? Shipwreck?

Zeke

Tunstall
04-13-2010, 08:57 AM
Give Calgary Powerboats a call, you won't regret it.

Keith there is HANDS DOWN the best mechanic/parts guy you'll find, and their customer service is second to none.

I don't get paid or compensated in any way for my endorsement, I only base it on the great service I received. Why spend your money at Bass Pro when you can get better service and support a local small business.

nicemustang
04-13-2010, 08:57 AM
We I was at renfrew twice and they had everything I needed in stock. The gal was friendly and I was out in a jif both times. Just my experience.

jusfloatin
04-13-2010, 10:39 AM
Stay away from B&L marine.

iliketrout
04-13-2010, 11:27 AM
I know you're looking for a dealer, but if you're willing to do a little research and wait for delivery, you can save a few bucks.

I went to http://www.crowleymarine.com/parts.cfm and entered my motor info. Then I found the part numbers I needed and bought them off ebay. Cost me $40 for the part and $15 shipping, vs quotes of $90 and $120 locally.

If you're buying a relatively common kit such as a carb repair kit, you should be able to find it on ebay.

I've never used any of the dealers mentioned in this thread so I can't comment on their prices.

big zeke
04-13-2010, 01:25 PM
If you are just looking for parts you an PM me for a list of addresses. For OEM stuff there are a bunch of great suppliers that get stuff to you in a day or 2 and their prices are half of what Calgary dealers charge. One supplier in BC ships via UPS and there is no customs broker involved...hard to beat. I needed to get a new throttle control for my I/O, I found the merc part # online and then ordered an OEM (Mercruiser, not aftermarket) from a supplier for less than half of what a Calgary supplier wanted and it was at my door in 3 days.

BTW, I have dealt with Keith at PowerBoat, he's top notch but the shop fills up so fast it isn't funny. They are smaller and have not got a lot of capacity.

Most of this stuff is dead easy with a bit of knowhow and some tools. The research is free and doing it yourself makes sure the job is done right.

Zeke

WalleyeDeitz
04-13-2010, 01:52 PM
Hey what is wrong with Alberta Marines service in Nanton? Just wondering as I am just about to purchase a new lund and have it narrrowed down to purchasing from Nanton or Cars RV in Red Deer. I was assuming based on size that Nanton would be better able to service what they sell....Am I wrong on that front? I do know that out of about 10 Lund dealers I have called Nanaton was the only place that the sales guys would not call me back or bother to anser any emails sent on the dealer website....is the service department the same quality of service?

Thanks in advance on any help on this topic.

Regards,

Winch101
04-13-2010, 02:10 PM
Walleye D if you are buying a Lund give Kevins Marine in Saskatchewan

worth the trip , service and price ... W 101

Duck Hunt
04-13-2010, 07:53 PM
Thanks for the ideas guys.

All i want are the parts, the rest i can do myself, called Renfrew a while ago and there phone # was no longer in sevice, bass pro i didn't even see a parts counter, figured i could'nt get parts there.

Nanton service is awful, all they want to do is sell me a new boat. they treat you like a peasant if your boat is older than a couple years and pretty much not want to deal with ya. Ordered these parts and a manual several times now and every time i got the wrong parts! Tried to tell i had the wrong serial # so i took a picture of it and gave it to them, they still have my money and i still have no parts. Someone is cursing them everytime i'm in there, considering that there a full year behind on gel coat warranty repairs, i'd hate to know how long the engine repairs would take.

npauls
04-13-2010, 08:54 PM
For boths guys that are looking for a decent shop to deal with that are merc. and lund dealer. you can try lethbridge marine. I know alot of guys like dealing with bob because he is straight to the point and gets the job done right and fast. You could try calling him to see about getting your merc. parts. Also when I was looking into new boats lethbridge marine was alot cheaper then alberta marine for the same boat set up.

Nate

bowfin
04-14-2010, 09:32 AM
if your just looking for parts try marinemanifold.com they are out of vancouver i now they deal with all kinds of motors when i was fixing my 84 115 johnson they were the best for parts and price and they would send you printouts what ever you were working on 2 days max for shipping very decent place you should check it out

chrysnel
04-25-2010, 03:55 PM
bass pro i didn't even see a parts counter, figured i could'nt get parts there.

The parts counter at Bass Pro is beside the service bays - you have to go down the hall past the main floor washrooms and there is a window on the right and a neon sign above that says "Parts". I have been trying to get some better signage to direct people there, but so far I haven't had much luck!

PS. Thanks to Big Zeke for the nice comments - I've had a lot to learn over the past year since I started there :)