PDA

View Full Version : Ice conditions by at sturgeon and swan New HELP

fishnut9
04-13-2010, 04:46 AM
Im from rycroft and i was thinking of coming down for the weekend to do some fishing. How is the ice condition on swan lake by debolt has it melted off yet. How is sturgeon has the warm weather affected it. One more thing people always talk about aerators in swan lake which side is it on. they say look where the bubbles are but its usually so windy the bubbles arent even visible. Man i this site is awesome.
If you dont want to reveal your secrets to everyone just pm me.

Joe Fehr
04-13-2010, 08:38 AM
Swan is fishable from shore, wouldn't recommend going on the ice myself but that is your call. The areators are on the boat launch (north) side of the lake and there was plenty of open water 2 weeks ago.
Not to sure about Sturgeon but we were bottoming out the auger a few weeks ago.

Good luck.

fishnut9
04-14-2010, 02:30 AM
Swan is fishable from shore, wouldn't recommend going on the ice myself but that is your call. The areators are on the boat launch (north) side of the lake and there was plenty of open water 2 weeks ago.
Not to sure about Sturgeon but we were bottoming out the auger a few weeks ago.

Good luck.

that makes alot of sense as to why i cant find it. I always go on the windy days and the side with the gravel boat launch is always too wavy to take a pontoon on so i fish on the other side by the makeshift dock. Im thinking of taking my pontoon this weekend or next here.