PDA

View Full Version : Willow creek down south

Trout tracker
04-13-2010, 03:35 PM
Has anyone fished Willow Creek down south? looks like a good selection of species according the Alberta fishing guide. Is access tough? any insight would be great, fly or spin fishing.

Thanks

bigfis
04-13-2010, 04:09 PM
theres lots of pike and pritty good sized browns , its were PCR gets its water from Iv only fished it once when I was at willow creek camp grond at PCR . and I got a few 3 pound pike and a 16 inch brown on a black wolly bugger

bigfis
04-13-2010, 04:14 PM
and you can get to it by taking a turn SH 527 southwest of Stavely. you will see the camp grond I think you can turn the oposite way and the creek is a few hundren meters back am not shur thoe if no just walk aways past the camp grond theres a few good pools there

Trout tracker
04-13-2010, 07:09 PM
Thanks Bigfis, I appreciate the input. It was the browns that I was wondering about as it looks like a slow moving creek with some deep holes as you said.

highwood
04-14-2010, 01:34 PM
Theres an abundance of cow **** to go with the brown trout

bigfis
04-14-2010, 07:17 PM
it dos not open tell june 16 thoe

bigfis
04-14-2010, 07:23 PM
sorry I was just reading the regs and if you are down stream of the pcr inlet its open on may 8

jrs
04-14-2010, 07:34 PM
Remember it's mostly private land in that area. Haven't fished streams out that way in a long time but i do know of several pretty heated fisherman landowner confrontations. Just make sure you stay below the watermark, even then you will likely run into occasional issues as some of that land was sold so many years ago the landowners say the high watermark rule doesn't apply. Also check the fish eating advisory section in the regs.

Trout tracker
04-14-2010, 08:28 PM
Thanks again Bigfis,

No problem on the regs, checked it out already. Just looking for some new places besides the Water Valley area. I figured it might be rancher country but sometimes it helps to stop by and have a chat with the land owners, could be the best fishing holes you find by talking about beef prices.