PDA

View Full Version : Minkota IPilot

BigBuck$
04-13-2010, 08:15 PM
Has anybody seen one of these in action yet (other than on the net???). I'm looking for a new trolling motor so I think I'm going to get one with the feature factory installed. I fished with a guide on the West Coast that had something like it on his kicker, it would hold the boat perfectly still even in big swells, worked awesome for bottom fishing. I'm thinking the thing will be a hit for anyone fishing tight structure or where precise tolling speed is a must.

AlbertanGP
04-13-2010, 10:13 PM
I have mine mounted and sitting on my boat in the garage ready to go. I also have a couple of LSS-1 Structure Scan units to mount this weekend. I can't say I've seen them in action but for the Spot Lock feature alone it's worth the money IMO. Are they available up here yet? I know when I picked mine up no one in Alberta had received any yet.

BigBuck$
04-14-2010, 08:09 AM
I'm not sure if you can get the factory rigged motor with the IPilot here yet but I have seen the IPilot add on at the Reel Doctor in Edmonton. I believe they will only work with the Terrora's and the Power Drive units.

What size of boat do you have and what # thrust did you get? Any bigger than 70# and you need 36 volts I think.

nicemustang
04-14-2010, 08:29 AM
I also picked one up, installed on my boat and pretty much ready to go this weekend. You can buy the ipilot at the fishin hole for $450 or so. I'm using mine with a power drive v2 70 # on a 18.5 foot fiberglass boat, 24 volt.