PDA

View Full Version : Burdett - Wanting to try...

fotheringham
04-14-2010, 02:43 PM
Anyone have any experiences fishing @ Burdett reservoir east of Taber? I've got the early ice-off itch lol. Any tips or experiences are appreciated!

Dale S
04-14-2010, 08:08 PM
The only lakes open east of Taber are Taber,Horsefly and Yellow Lakes. Yellow Lake is southwest of Burdett.If thats the one you are talking about it has very limited access for shore fishing and no boat lauch to speak of.There are good pike a few walleye and perch.This lake is so full of shimp the whitefish and perch grow so fast they get big hump backs.I have seen big perch come out of there.The wind has really stired up the lakes around here fishing has been real bad.

madatter
04-16-2010, 04:21 PM
The only lakes open east of Taber are Taber,Horsefly and Yellow Lakes. Yellow Lake is southwest of Burdett.If thats the one you are talking about it has very limited access for shore fishing and no boat lauch to speak of.There are good pike a few walleye and perch.This lake is so full of shimp the whitefish and perch grow so fast they get big hump backs.I have seen big perch come out of there.The wind has really stired up the lakes around here fishing has been real bad.

Yellow is also open year round now.....

Douglar
05-15-2010, 12:44 AM
You're better off at sherburne south of grassy lake!