PDA

View Full Version : Drayton Valley fishing

greywolffan
04-15-2010, 12:33 PM
Hi folks. Might be spending alot of time in the Drayton area this summer. I know absolutely nothing about the fishing there. Would like to try some rivers maybe. Anyone got any good spots that I could try? Thanks:wave:

greywolffan
04-16-2010, 03:51 PM
No one at all fishes this area? Maybe I wont bother takin my gear with me. Have to spend a month out in the woods near Drayton and I like I said before I have no idea on this area.

6tmile
04-16-2010, 03:56 PM
You can try the brazeau reservoir, pembina river, zeta lake, rat creek, paddy creek, north saskatchewan river, buck lake, bear lake for starters if you have a small boat paddy lake is unbelieveable for slough sharks, good luck

Luckystar
04-16-2010, 10:42 PM
don't live there, never fished there, but i would start at either the river (nsr), it's pretty clean there, or south buck, heard good things. i don't really think that it's like people on here don't want to help you, it's probably more like not too many people have fished there, and the ones that have, have been to no tell lake, if you get my drift

-JR-
04-17-2010, 06:17 AM
If you are into creek fishing go to the end of the elk river road ,when it T into the trunk road you will find a creek on the right ,very good fishing there. C&R
After fishing that turn left on trunk road and will come to a bridge ,large river to fish ,but never caught anything there yet .

angler1
04-17-2010, 07:35 AM
Hey there Wolffan, be glad to help you out. We have some good fishing in these parts. Good sturgeon fishing if you know where to look. Walleye over 10lbs. Some very good pike fishing at the right time of year. When the wild roses are in bloom look for some insane goldeye action, great time for some dry fly fishing. PM me for some more detailed info.:wave:

greywolffan
04-18-2010, 08:20 AM
Thanks everyone. Will check out a few spots and let you know what happens. Probably not till july it looks like.

bubbamarco
08-29-2012, 03:32 PM
Hey there Wolffan, be glad to help you out. We have some good fishing in these parts. Good sturgeon fishing if you know where to look. Walleye over 10lbs. Some very good pike fishing at the right time of year. When the wild roses are in bloom look for some insane goldeye action, great time for some dry fly fishing. PM me for some more detailed info.:wave:
Hey there. I'm jus arriving in DV. Looking for some good creek fishing if you know a good spot I would appreciate it.

Rikkles Fisher
08-29-2012, 03:44 PM
Not alot for creeks in the area, if I was you I would stop at the buck lake bridge right in buck lake by the restaraunt it's decent shore fishing there for pike and walleye.

bubbamarco
08-29-2012, 03:50 PM
Not alot for creeks in the area, if I was you I would stop at the buck lake bridge right in buck lake by the restaraunt it's decent shore fishing there for pike and walleye.
Thanks! I guess nsr is the only river worth fishing up here. Oh well pike and Wally are always good! I'll go there first thing in he am! Sure is nice country up here ! That's if I ever get thru this traffic been sitting out site dv for 30 mins???? Lol

angler1
08-29-2012, 04:38 PM
Pembina river holds some large walleye. Give a try around the old City Services bridge or around the bridge on the highway to Cynthia. Have caught some nice eyes at both places. There is a good eddy on the upstream side of the bridge on the Nsr, have caught several species out of that pool, including sturgeon. Thats it I am going to hell. Good luck!

duffy4
08-30-2012, 10:24 AM
You can try the brazeau reservoir, pembina river, zeta lake, rat creek, paddy creek, north saskatchewan river, buck lake, bear lake for starters if you have a small boat paddy lake is unbelieveable for slough sharks, good luck

Where is Paddy lake? Never heard of it and cannot see it in the Alberta fishing Guide.

angler1
08-31-2012, 06:50 AM
The Paddy creek runs into the Pembina upstream of the bridge north of Lodgepole. Paddy lake feeds it.

87stocker
09-02-2012, 02:54 PM
Just an update on river and creek fishing in drayon valley. Within an hour of town there is some of the sweetest most beautiful terain for fly fishers. Dont limit yourself to staying in or around town anywhere. Get in your truck and drive. If you are into C&R there is rat creek and dismal creek. And alot of rivers you will find stuff too small to keep, but good fishing none the less. I live half way between lodgepole and drayton. I find myself heading up the elk river road or the wayerhauser haul road quite often in the evenings for a quick few casts. Email me Ill be happy to have a partner to share the gas $$ with.

pickrel pat
09-02-2012, 03:08 PM
Just an update on river and creek fishing in drayon valley. Within an hour of town there is some of the sweetest most beautiful terain for fly fishers. Dont limit yourself to staying in or around town anywhere. Get in your truck and drive. If you are into C&R there is rat creek and dismal creek. And alot of rivers you will find stuff too small to keep, but good fishing none the less. I live half way between lodgepole and drayton. I find myself heading up the elk river road or the wayerhauser haul road quite often in the evenings for a quick few casts. Email me Ill be happy to have a partner to share the gas $$ with.

welcome to the board.:sHa_shakeshout: