PDA

View Full Version : Pike

trapshooter
04-16-2010, 11:43 PM
What would you choose to fish pike with: A five of diamonds or a red and white daredevil?

ghostguy6
04-16-2010, 11:55 PM
Both, sometimes they will go crazy for one but wont touch the other. If you havent had a hit in 30 min or so change the hook.

Richard B.
04-17-2010, 05:56 AM
I always carry both and like Ghostguy says switch if one is not working although I have better luck with the R&W Daredevel

Fishfinder
04-17-2010, 08:57 AM
If I absolutely HAD to choose...5 of diamonds (yellow with red diamonds).
Strange question, why u ask....running outta hooks:lol:Jus kiddin.
:wave:

mulecrazy
04-17-2010, 09:12 AM
I always have a wide assortment of spoon colours. orange and white, black and white, red and white, red and black 5 of diamonds, pure silver, green and black. they all work. I give each 15 minutes to produce before switching. Rapala husky jerk suspending lures work well. They are great if the pike arent that agressive and you get a lot of followers. You can stop them just off shore and give a few twitches. I have watched a lot of pike stare at them before a little twitch gets them to strike. sometimes a smelt on the bottom is the trick. It changes from day to day, lake to lake.

pipercub17
04-17-2010, 11:39 AM
i like to chuck a big poof of green fur at them from my fly rod :lol:

NUK SOO KOW
04-17-2010, 02:55 PM
I swear by the yellow black five of diamonds. I take two spoons, extra steel leader, a pair of pliers, my mountainbike and I'm gone!! However I enjoy flyfishn them way more!! I find anything yellow/black/green are my go to colors!!