PDA

View Full Version : Swan Sunday

KyleM
04-18-2010, 06:06 PM
3:45 I was up and on the water by 6:45.

Fishing was good, 25 fish. Biggest around 6lbs but most around 3.
Red Kwikfish in the morning and black leach flies during the day.
Very slow troll.

Water is melted enough to get the boat out and rip around.

Beautiful day on the water.

Did I mention there was only 3 boats on the lake?

PS - THE BOAT LAUNCH IS NOT THERE FOR A NEWFOUNDLAND FAMILY REUNION. PLEASE STOP SHORE FISHING WHILE WE ARE TRYING TO GET THE BOATS IN THE WATER.:rolleye2:

jono88
04-18-2010, 06:38 PM
hahaha thats funny but so true about lots of places. that sounds like a pretty good day to me though. whereabouts is swan lake cause when i searched for it showed me a lake that was very far north east of edmonton. i thought it was more north west than anything. i am sure there is more than one though. any ways i would like to check this place out and get the pontoon out there.

rigger1
04-18-2010, 08:07 PM
Is that the swan lake by valley view . If it is i was out ther the other day for about 5-6 hrs and caught a half dozen all were about a pound and a half except for the last one of the day which 5lbs 14ozs

KyleM
04-18-2010, 10:21 PM
Yeah its the Swan near Debolt.
Lots of smaller fish around, we didnt see to many in the boat.

QBC
04-20-2010, 01:02 PM
I was there on Sunday too. I was in the yellow stand up pontoon boat.

I had a great day, released 26-28 fish, largest was 27 inches. Caught them all on the fly, micro leaches under a strike indicator.

That boat launch was a nightmare. Those two friggen kids that cried all day long, must have been the newfies, OMG I was ready to become very not nice if I had to listen to that for too much longer. Parents, if you're going to take your kids to the lake, try and remember that everyone else there doesn't want to hear them screaming and crying ALL DAY LONG(Not an exaggeration either). Be considerate of the other 50-60 people who might actually want to enjoy the peace and quiet of the outdoors and the tranquility of a days fishing on the lake.