PDA

View Full Version : Police Lake - April 19, 2010

incept
04-19-2010, 11:06 PM
Just got back from an evening at Police. Took my wife and 2 kids. Lake is still 1/2 frozen with really rotten ice on the south side but is fishable on the north and west ends. Left the boat at home due to having the family and ice on the lake so we just fished from shore. The muskrats are busy, there was sure alot of them out. Excellent evening to be out, glad I live so close. Fishing was slow but okay. Had the best luck on a size 2 Lyman plug in green with black dots on the back. Caught a few 12 -14 inchers, nothing really special but my 5 year old sure liked them. One day with wind or another week of weather like today and that lake should be wide open. Good luck and tight lines!!

Gun+Rod
04-21-2010, 09:10 PM
Just got back from an evening at Police. Took my wife and 2 kids. Lake is still 1/2 frozen with really rotten ice on the south side but is fishable on the north and west ends. Left the boat at home due to having the family and ice on the lake so we just fished from shore. The muskrats are busy, there was sure alot of them out. Excellent evening to be out, glad I live so close. Fishing was slow but okay. Had the best luck on a size 2 Lyman plug in green with black dots on the back. Caught a few 12 -14 inchers, nothing really special but my 5 year old sure liked them. One day with wind or another week of weather like today and that lake should be wide open. Good luck and tight lines!!

I went for a drive tonight. the ice is all gone. Payne and Beauvais are ice free as well. i'll be out in a blue Sylvan Friday if it doesnt rain or Saturday if it does.