PDA

View Full Version : Is this a reportable offence

fishnut9
04-21-2010, 06:07 AM
Last fall i went to swan lake by debolt to go fishing. I loaded up my little inflatable dinghy and rowed into the middle of the lake, anchored, casted and laid back. Then i hear this motor coming closer. Then i look up and see this guy with a gas motor zoom by and almost knock me over. Well i woulda flipped him off but i didnt want to get into a fist fight on a boat. Now i thought i read that this lake was electric only and no gas allowed. Can i call f&w next time i see that.

lyallpeder
04-21-2010, 06:44 AM
I would call the report a poacher line at 1 800 642 3800 and ask the dispatcher if they want to act on it

ps I put the number on the back of my fishing permit so I have it when I need it

nicemustang
04-21-2010, 07:42 AM
Yes absolutely.

fish on
04-21-2010, 08:21 AM
X2 call 310 000 they will get you what you need. toll free

deg72
04-21-2010, 08:41 AM
apparently motors on that lake is an actual issue, ive heard of instances when there has been 3-4 gas boats on it at one time

Bear Ballz
04-21-2010, 09:02 AM
X2 call 310 000 they will get you what you need. toll free

Report a poacher
1-800-642-3800.
# 3800 on your cell

Rick.
04-21-2010, 10:00 AM
It is illegal for the operator of a boat to operate it in a manor which is dangerous to others so you could also call the police if that's what happened.

I fish out of a 12 foot aluminum at the Shuswap and it seems like it's considered "Good Sport" by many operators to try to capsize me. It is unbelievable how close they come and at such a high speed. It is such a huge lake there is no other reason for them to come so close. Rick.

Mike_W
04-21-2010, 10:26 AM
ps I put the number on the back of my fishing permit so I have it when I need it

I actually think that the report a poacher line should be printed on the back of all licences. (don't think it currently is)
Also on another note I tried to get in touch with the report a poacher line once through directory assistance and they had nothing on file under report a poacher...I called the local F&W office the next day and had a little gripe with them about this.

I think the report a poacher line should be "advertised" more widley so that non hunter are also aware of the right place to call should the witness something they interperet as illegal .....lets face it there are not nearly enough F&W officers out there and we as citizens need to act as the eyes and ears for the officers to help protect our resource.

Albertadiver
04-21-2010, 11:17 AM
It's on everyone's WIN card. If you hunt or fish, you have the number in your wallet pretty much at all times.

tatonkagp
04-21-2010, 09:14 PM
Dude I fish Swan all the time and I am not quiet about people breaking the rules. I hope I run into someone trying to drive a gas boat on there when I am setting up at the boat launch. On another note next time you run into a fish and wildlife officer, ask for his or her card, they all have them, I carry mine in my wallet by my licence all the time. If the person you phone in on gets busted, you get a reward.

Joe Fehr
04-21-2010, 09:39 PM
Real problem on that lake and I hope they crack down on these idiots. Not sure why they can't understand no gas motors allowed. Plus what the guy did to you is extremely illegal.

fishnut9
04-22-2010, 03:56 AM
Real problem on that lake and I hope they crack down on these idiots. Not sure why they can't understand no gas motors allowed. Plus what the guy did to you is extremely illegal.

Yeah i dont understand why you need a gas motor. The lake is so small i can probably swim across it. Its only like 2 football fields long

Don Andersen
04-22-2010, 06:29 AM
fishnut9,

I've seen the same thing. The Gas motors were being used by folks doing research.

Don

johnk
04-22-2010, 08:05 AM
fishnut9,

I've seen the same thing. The Gas motors were being used by folks doing research.

Don

Must've been there the same day, Don. These two guys were checking water quality!

fishnut9
04-22-2010, 09:18 PM
fishnut9,

Don

So i guess the 2 kids they had with rods were his assistants lol.

mooseknuckle
04-22-2010, 09:56 PM
I would call the report a poacher line at 1 800 642 3800 and ask the dispatcher if they want to act on it

It's 2010!!! Save the number to your cell phone RAP 1 800 642-3800. Or fire up the electric, or start paddling to shore.... hop in your vehicle, pack all your gear, then drive how ever far to a gas station or a pay phone dial directory get the number report it, then after that try and get back to the lake and salvage the rest of your day.:wave: