PDA

View Full Version : Ice on Spray?

FishBrain
04-21-2010, 10:12 AM
With the weather we have been having, does anyone know if there is stil ice on Spray lake? would like to get one more morning out there if possible.
TIA

slingshotz
04-21-2010, 10:36 AM
Was out there on Sunday, tons of good ice and nothing melting on the edges yet. Fishing was brutal though, only marked two on the flasher the entire morning at the boat launch, the deepest spot I could find was 36'. There was a group of russians out as well and I think I saw them get two in 10 minutes but nothing else before and after.

If you go, head further up the road to deeper water.

FishBrain
04-21-2010, 11:18 AM
Thanks slingshotz.
I do like to go up the road where the deep water is. My only problem is with the sun up so early now, I may need to leave the city at 4am...:lol:
were you able to wear short sleeve shirts yet?

jacenbeers
04-21-2010, 06:32 PM
If you wouldnt mind having somebody tag along I would love to meet you there.

uicehole
04-21-2010, 06:53 PM
We were there Sunday afternoon up further in the deep spots past Sparrowhawk. Despite what many will say, you can catch fish in the afternoon - but definitely more challenging. I was marking fish all afternoon but most wouldn't bite. I outfished my two friends 6 to 1, most likely because I had a fish finder. All were within 15 ft from bottom in 80 FOW. Ice was still good but had 2 - 3 inches of slush on top. It was very warm out!

slingshotz
04-21-2010, 07:15 PM
Thanks slingshotz.
I do like to go up the road where the deep water is. My only problem is with the sun up so early now, I may need to leave the city at 4am...:lol:
were you able to wear short sleeve shirts yet?

The russians caught their two fish around 11:00 I think. If there's no wind out, I'd recommend shorts :)

kostianych
04-21-2010, 10:07 PM
The russians caught their two fish around 11:00 I think. If there's no wind out, I'd recommend shorts :)

Big Brother is watching you :) yes, we got 2 fish at 11.20....
couple bites at 7.30 and 10.00....lost one :)

got Laker little bit shorter than 60cm and one whitefish at 45cm :)))))) bosh at 10m of water at the bottom :)

solid 3.5 feet of ice, about 2 feet of ice closer to the shore.....

was watchin a guy with Ice Gator, I think.....he was cutting through 3.5 feed of ice in 8 seconds....that was a great speed :))))

slingshotz
04-21-2010, 11:00 PM
Big Brother is watching you :) yes, we got 2 fish at 11.20....
couple bites at 7.30 and 10.00....lost one :)

was watchin a guy with Ice Gator, I think.....he was cutting through 3.5 feed of ice in 8 seconds....that was a great speed :))))

Yup that was me, it's pretty heavy to pack in on the sled but it's worth it for drilling the holes. You're the one with the son that caught that big pike at Clear that I took pictures of right?

I've always wanted to try for whitefish there but never had any luck, what did you use?

kostianych
04-21-2010, 11:06 PM
my kids are still too young for fishing....that was not me :)

we used marmish rod with 2lb line and a small black spider hook with 2 maggots....

FishBrain
04-22-2010, 10:32 AM
If you wouldnt mind having somebody tag along I would love to meet you there.

PM sent, always up for meeting new people