PDA

View Full Version : Buyer beware! - Kayak Fish Nation.com

Duramaximos
04-21-2010, 12:23 PM
Beware of kayakfishnation.com !

The operators of Kayak Fish Nation.com have forced me to enter a dispute with my credit card company because they failed to ship all the items in a recent order I placed. Here is a brief summary of what happened and how I feel about this company:

For starters my order arrived 4 weeks late and the owner lied to me when he said the parcel had shipped weeks earlier. I caught him in this lie when I finally cornered him on the phone and he made several excuses about being busy and moving their shop, attending trade shows, blah, blah, blah. He never provided an invoice or packing slip although he promised them to me, and I requested them repeatedly. He also never followed up with my international shipping quote after several requests.

My order total was over $300, and 1 item costing $180.00 was not delivered.
The owner failed to respond to all but 1 of several emails and never returned any of my phone calls.

To make matters worse they are fighting my dispute! Although they know damn well that I never received the item because it couldn’t possibly fit into the small box they shipped me – I have pictures.

I’ll never do business with these guys again and I’m recommending to anyone who might need kayak supplies stay away from them as well. They are obviously very shady business people.
Their web-site is very welcoming, it is easy to place international orders, and they have a good selection of parts that are hard to find locally – but good luck after the fact!

There are plenty of other on-line suppliers out there.
Good luck!

mooseknuckle
04-21-2010, 12:58 PM
And I shall never deal with them as well. Did you you send them a letter and told them you have posted this with 1,000's of potential readers on a forum very much knowledgeed (is that a word?) sorry. About the products they sell?

I would!!

grrrrrr sorry I've been there I feel your pain:mad3::mad3:

Duramaximos
04-21-2010, 01:06 PM
That's not my style. That would be like lowering myself to their level. It could also open a huge debate here between me and the vendor and I don't want to get involved in that either.
My intention is to help save someone else from going through the same greif I am.

I trust my cc company will do their job and get my money back.

mooseknuckle
04-21-2010, 02:14 PM
Talking without walking is just talking!!! But hey thats just me. I would at the very least send them a link to this thread, at the very least it might make them think twice in the future before taking advantage of someone else??

Paul C
04-21-2010, 05:43 PM
That's not my style. That would be like lowering myself to their level. It could also open a huge debate here between me and the vendor and I don't want to get involved in that either.

My intention is to help save someone else from going through the same greif I am.

I trust my cc company will do their job and get my money back.

Through the years I have heard horror stories of on line fraud. When it happened to me two years ago the cc company stepped and took aggressive action against the company. It ended up that they were charged with numerous counts of fraud because the internet always leaves a digital trial for them to follow. The company was a parking garage based out of toronto.

Duramaximos
06-29-2010, 10:29 PM
Just want to post a quick update on this.
It took a little longer than I expected but my cc company finally got my money back. Like I said, they put up a fight so they delayed things for a while.
Bottom line is the folks at Kayakfishnation.com are unethical or incompetent either way, shop elsewhere.
Thanks

nicemustang
06-30-2010, 07:23 AM
Good to hear you got your money back. Buyer beware.