PDA

View Full Version : Wabamun with HDS-8

thorne
04-21-2010, 08:28 PM
well I took the new unit to Wabamun to tune it in and get familuar with it, and all I can is this thing is amazing!! I found alot of new areas I never really knew were there, and alot more fish then I thought...just to bad I couldnt catch them...any way i took a few screen shots to share!

-4 bait balls of to starboard

-Dock at wab park.You can see the piles and the end of the dock which has fallen into the lake.

-drifting bait ball with predators following

-bait ball with walleye underneath

-hole with bait ball and walleye

-passing wab town pier

-zoomed in on pike in bottom left quadrant

-Another pike just left of cursor.

Mudslide
04-21-2010, 09:43 PM
Very cool! I'm seriously thinking of selling my HDS-5 and upgrading to the 8 with the sidescan.

S.A.S
04-21-2010, 10:44 PM
Lol How do you read that? And how do you know what you are looking at? :lol:

Geezle
04-22-2010, 06:03 AM
Cool new toy man :cool:

AlbertaAngler
04-22-2010, 07:31 AM
That screen shot with the pike is awesome.

iliketrout
04-22-2010, 09:56 AM
Mudslide,

You can put the Structurescan on the HDS-5. No need to upgrade unless you want a bigger screen.

go-big-or-go-home
04-22-2010, 10:15 AM
holy funk, that is a sweet unit. how much do one of those run a guy??? ya that screenshot with that pike is insaine, very cool

thorne
04-22-2010, 11:23 AM
Ya its fun, and yes you can put a side scan unit on a HDS 5. As for pricing you better contact the fishinhole...Took me around 4 hours of playing, adjusting and messing with it to get it set up the way I wanted it. There is just way to much info between the broadband digital sonar, structure scan, navigation/GPS and motor interface to have it all so do not get one of these units, hit the lake and want to do some fishing.......get out ahead of time, play with it and then you'll be ready to hunt some fish! You can also record you sonar log in video and not just screen pics. then you can play it back when you get home on your computer (lowrance program Dl required..its free and easy!) and adjust everything on you computer for best results, then transfer those settings directly to your unit....its a pricy toy, but well worth it and highly recommended! You can also measure objects using the cursor...btw that pike was almost 4 feet long!

Mudslide
04-22-2010, 12:34 PM
Ya I would like the bigger screen for sure. The eyes are not as good as they used to be. :) I also like the extra menu buttons that come with the 8 and the 10.

mooseknuckle
04-22-2010, 01:56 PM
Thats cool Zan!! Honestly I never though wab got that deep:lol: Still planning on May long? If so I think I'm taking the fam out for a day at least we should hook up.:wave:

Nice new toy.

thorne
04-22-2010, 02:34 PM
dont really have any plans for camping at the moment bue to other circumstances, but day trips are for sure! Definatley will make it out there one day that weekend...I am dying to fish those holes i found!

Hunter Trav
04-23-2010, 09:59 AM
Cool pics, thanks for sharing them. :D

mooseknuckle
04-23-2010, 10:05 AM
dont really have any plans for camping at the moment bue to other circumstances, but day trips are for sure! Definatley will make it out there one day that weekend...I am dying to fish those holes i found!

All good buddy just try not to spend more time looking at computer screens on your boat then casting lines in the water.:lol::lol:

AlbertanGP
04-23-2010, 08:51 PM
Nice pics. I just mounted my LSS-1 last weekend and can't wait to get out with it. I have a second one coming for my bow mount, but I expect the one on the back will get used more. Apparently, the Structure Scan works best when you travel in a straight line. I'm hoping it can solve the problem mooseknuckle mentions...I'll spend all day out mapping and never wet a line.

thorne
04-23-2010, 09:09 PM
Na think about it....you'll be like a british tracking U-Boats!! No good finding em if ya can't put a torpedo in the water!! Or a big fat husky jerk!!