PDA

View Full Version : Oakley Fishing Specific Lens

FlYiNGuY
04-23-2010, 02:46 PM
Just wondering if anyone out there has field tested a pair of these?, Or know if its just another gimmic. I've owned polarized Oakleys for years just wondering if this would be anything better - as i'm now due for a new pair.

http://oakley.ca/pd/5716

http://oakley.ca/pd/4869

The two options are DEEP blue - for deeper water and shallow blue for - you guessed it shallow water.

Thanks all.

If not these I'm going to Costa's, - If I can ever find a pair that fits right!

pdfish
04-23-2010, 03:19 PM
I've got the fishing specific Monster Dog's w/ deep blue lens, and they're great.

The Fisherman Guy
04-23-2010, 03:19 PM
You can never go wrong with Oakley optics. I do not have any first hand experience with the line you specified, but I have not worn anything other than Oakley for over 9 years now.

They have a quiet affiliation with the US military, hence why you see the Oakley 'O' on most soldiers. Most people don't know this but, Oakleys are by far the best quality optics money can buy. Their lens material is the strongest, most impurity free, flexible clear material in the world. Oakley calls it Plutonite.

Check out their site, and the tests they put their products through before they pass to production.

http://oakley.ca/innovation/optical_superiority/impact_protection

I have seen most of their testing with my own eyes, and it convinced me to never wear ANYTHING else. I have never needed reading/eye glasses, so I believe investing in good glasses will help keep my vision sharp. So far, it has.

Bullet proof sunglasses??? Don't believe me? Check out their site, they have unbelievable products.

FlYiNGuY
04-23-2010, 03:33 PM
pdfish,
what type of fishing do you usually do with your deep blues?.. have you tried them in a river, etc?.. Thanks for the quick replys guys

Beazer
04-23-2010, 06:10 PM
I have Oakley "Ballistic" M-Framies (same ones issued to US Mil)
Love them to death and are strong enough to stop buckshot at 25 feet. The rest of the face is a different matter however.

I'll try and see if they are available for M-Frames and try em out.

pdfish
04-23-2010, 07:35 PM
pdfish,
what type of fishing do you usually do with your deep blues?.. have you tried them in a river, etc?.. Thanks for the quick replys guys

Mostly river fishing actually, first trip for the googles was to Bella Coola for salmon, and the difference is staggering.

tonyflyfish
04-23-2010, 09:50 PM
I have worn Bolle and Oakley also. I now use Maui Jim and for me they are the best yet. IMO.

T

WaterSkeeter
04-23-2010, 10:01 PM
Just ordered my wife a pair of womens polarized oakleys. $550 lol.

It was cool, you pick a frame, then pick the kind of tint you want on the lens, then tell them you want them polarized. Real cool what you can choose now.

elnino54
04-23-2010, 10:35 PM
Pretty hard to beat a good pair of Smith Sport Optics with a copper lens, great for flats fishing, awesome for offshore trolling in the deep blue and great locally in our rivers and lakes........

cutthroat666
04-24-2010, 06:08 PM
I have worn Oakleys for years and now have 4 pairs and 6 or 7 different lenses.

For river and shallow bay fishing I highly recommend the "fishing Specific" Oakley lenses for shallow water.

I tried 4 different lenses last year on one trip and I give that lens the highest rating. The polarizing is as good as anyones, the optics are standard for Oakley (amazing) and the lens colour seems to filter out just the right colours to help spotting both rainbows and northern pike.

Well worth the big price tag.

cutthroat:)

FlYiNGuY
04-25-2010, 05:40 PM
Thanks cutthroat666, Just the response I was looking for, I think i'll go with these for the river fishing and then line up a set of costa's for deep sea.
Thanks!

bucko
04-25-2010, 07:42 PM
I bought the Flak Jackets with the Shallow Blue lenses last year. The lenses are the best I've ever had for river fishing. I've worn several different Oakley polarized lenses and tried Smith optics as well but none compare to the Shallow Blue lenses for clarity...not to mention they're extremely comfortable...I often forget I'm wearing them.

Needless to say...those lenses are highly recommended.

G.