PDA

View Full Version : Ice conditions around Fort McMurry, is there any

nimrod
04-24-2010, 04:52 PM
Any info on ice conditions up north around Fort McMurry, is there any or some time to go.

nimrod
04-26-2010, 10:42 AM
Does any body have info on Ice conditions up there, just wondering because we are going on a fly in trip end of May, and want to know/ guess where the lakers might be due to the conditions, thanks

IndianHeadCamp
04-26-2010, 01:35 PM
I would say that your fine for your end of may trip, what lake is it?

SushiUnagi
04-26-2010, 07:43 PM
Last I visited Gregoire a week ago there were still ice but starting to melt away pretty good. Definitely no more ice fishing.

But with the recent snow storm it might cover it up a bit again.

Hope this helps!

Elliot Moose
04-26-2010, 09:11 PM
I flew over the whole area today. Gregoire is still ice covered, but it is well away from shore in the SW corner--doesn't look too rotten yet. Most other lakes and ponds are similar. Some of the small ones (shallow) are opening up, and all the rivers are open. Due east into SK everything is locked in tight until you get south of about LaRonge. In AB, things are generally open south of Edmonton out on the flat country.

nimrod
05-01-2010, 10:48 PM
Thanks Guys, well I hope we are in for great fishing trip, we are going to Cornwell, if you guys don't mind PM me if you fly over the lakes up there a little later in May, just to give us an idea of what we are in for, thanks.

forcefromthenorth
05-02-2010, 12:05 PM
The ice is off of Gregoire Lake as of just a few days ago, still some ice buildup towards the Anzac side though. As for the Athabasca, it is wide open and I saw some people fishing from the shore up north by the "Bridge to Nowhere" yesterday.