PDA

View Full Version : no fishing dust &dawn mcgregor

mongo
04-25-2010, 10:03 AM
anyone no the purpose for this rule other than ****ing me off.

Dale S
04-25-2010, 10:19 AM
The F&G could not control the poaching going on at night.

75ft Arborist
04-25-2010, 10:21 AM
May 8th first light:wave: Hoping to hook into some nice pike cruising the weed beds with the fly rod.

Fishingnutter
04-25-2010, 12:05 PM
It takes a Walleye 8 years to reach spawning maturity. The best Walleye fishing is at night and MacGregor covers a large territory. But the nice thing about Alberta evenings is the late light.

If I see Walleye poachers, who can I call in cellphone range?

luckyme
04-25-2010, 12:58 PM
i know it's sound silly no fishing dust & dawn mcGregor hopefully in the near future they will change that as they will have enaugh fish cop to patrol the area if that's the case.drive further south to travers resv. where you can keep your legal size walleye.i think is the same number you call 1.800.642.3800 or #3800 if you have telus provider.

mongo
04-25-2010, 05:55 PM
do ya really think the poachers quit fishing because the regs say its dusk ,there poaching,the rule only stops us legal fisherman who pratice catch & release

hal53
04-25-2010, 06:08 PM
But you have to remember in SRD's infinite wisdom by imposing the ban, the poachers are way less likely to ram a sport fishermen with their boat!!, it's a safety concern:huh::huh: can't believe how bad they've screwed up the limited fishing opportunities in this province, but I guess they wouldn't have to get out of bed at 11 PM to respond to a poaching call either:mad2::mad2:
H.

hunter49
04-25-2010, 07:27 PM
In the fall it is to protect the spawning whitefish, I'd guess the rest of the year is so the burbot and walleye have some time to rest?

Dale S
04-25-2010, 07:38 PM
Our multy cultural society has to start acting like Canadains respect other poeple and our wild life.Is that politically correct.

DarkAisling
04-25-2010, 07:41 PM
do ya really think the poachers quit fishing because the regs say its dusk ,there poaching,the rule only stops us legal fisherman who pratice catch & release

It would be much easier for F&W to take action against poachers, as they'd be the only ones out fishing while it is dark out under this new regulation. I can understand that you find it frustrating, but the poaching at McGregor must be pretty significant for this change to have occurred.

LongDraw
04-25-2010, 08:11 PM
Do they commercial fish McGregor?

BigBuck$
04-25-2010, 08:12 PM
Just another stupid rule to add to the Alberta Fishing Regulation PHONEBOOK!!! Check out the regs on Sylvan Lake for the closure of the Noglenwald (sp) area over to the beach for the first part of the season. Even if you have lived here for 10 years it's still confusing on what the hell they mean. Plus the are is one of the only spots on the lake where you can stay out of the wakeboard chop.

I personally find fishing in Alberta to be border line stressful. If you want to go out for the day who wants to read and remember all the tedious rules or fear that you might get caugth in a closed area, with a slot limit fish, or now heaven forbid fishing after dusk.

I've fished most of Canada now with the exception of a few far Easten Provinces and it's nothing like here at all. Go online and download the Manitoba of Saskatchewan fishing Regs for 2010 and you will quickly see how much easier they are to read and follow. Sure they don't have the river systems like we do to regulate but at least all the seasons for Walleye, Pike, Lakers etc are common for a wide area not lake specific like they are here.

In my opinion the regulations here are overkill and don't really help sportfishing that much.

luckyme
04-25-2010, 09:55 PM
Our multy cultural society has to start acting like Canadains respect other poeple and our wild life.Is that politically correct.

we have,maybe you just realize it.I'm not so politically correct but i do believe who ever you are or where ever you came from when you here (i mean Alberta,Canada you're Canadian.so you work and play like other Canadian)
yes some of us do stupid thing (i called it stupid because if you can read or speak English you know the rules) regardless background did something wrong and i see it, i will sure to report it and please do the same.:evilgrin:
re. mcgregor lake closed in evening they have done that since last two season as i remembered

uicehole
04-25-2010, 10:38 PM
We have stupid rules and regulations because there are enough stupid people around doing enough stupid things to ruin things for everyone else.

Anyone who thinks our regs are too restrictive and confusing should move to Europe and give it a go. In Germany, you need months of class time and a test before you can obtain a licence (I think it's a great idea!) plus you need certain permits for certain bodies of water. Night fishing is generally a big no, no.

In fact, I think we need to ramp up our regs to be so restrictive and confusing that we will discourage the casual fisher:evilgrin: Just think, more fish and more water for me and the CO to fisherman ratio will actually be effective!

duffy4
04-26-2010, 01:28 AM
Just another stupid rule to add to the Alberta Fishing Regulation PHONEBOOK!!! Check out the regs on Sylvan Lake for the closure of the Noglenwald (sp) area over to the beach for the first part of the season. Even if you have lived here for 10 years it's still confusing on what the hell they mean. Plus the are is one of the only spots on the lake where you can stay out of the wakeboard chop.

I personally find fishing in Alberta to be border line stressful. If you want to go out for the day who wants to read and remember all the tedious rules or fear that you might get caugth in a closed area, with a slot limit fish, or now heaven forbid fishing after dusk.

I've fished most of Canada now with the exception of a few far Easten Provinces and it's nothing like here at all. Go online and download the Manitoba of Saskatchewan fishing Regs for 2010 and you will quickly see how much easier they are to read and follow. Sure they don't have the river systems like we do to regulate but at least all the seasons for Walleye, Pike, Lakers etc are common for a wide area not lake specific like they are here.

In my opinion the regulations here are overkill and don't really help sportfishing that much.

You know they could make regulations very simple for people who need simple to understand them.

1. You CAN fish here.

2. You CANNOT fish here.

Now in my mind a "complicated" regulation that says "You can only fish here without bait, between June 1 and Nov. 30 and only keep one walleye over 50 cm. and one pike over 63 cm."

Is a lot better than "No FISHING"

S.A.S
04-26-2010, 02:28 AM

Manitoba has 110,000 Lakes and rivers, Alberta has 600. Lol That is 109,400 more lakes/rivers. You can have more lackz regs when your whole population lives in the very bottom of the province and the rest is pretty much Bush.

Tiny
04-26-2010, 03:23 AM
We have stupid rules and regulations because there are enough stupid people around doing enough stupid things to ruin things for everyone else.

Anyone who thinks our regs are too restrictive and confusing should move to Europe and give it a go. In Germany, you need months of class time and a test before you can obtain a licence (I think it's a great idea!) plus you need certain permits for certain bodies of water. Night fishing is generally a big no, no.

In fact, I think we need to ramp up our regs to be so restrictive and confusing that we will discourage the casual fisher:evilgrin: Just think, more fish and more water for me and the CO to fisherman ratio will actually be effective!

X2, well said!. If you can't understand our reg's and why they are in place, you shouldn't be fishing!

Fishfinder
04-26-2010, 06:28 AM
anyone no the purpose for this rule other than ****ing me off.

Well for starters there is dusk....and dawn. Not too sure where "Dust" fits in:lol: Secondly, yes...awe...forget it...the other part of the "rule" is specifically designed to annoy U personally.
Stupid question, stupid answer:)