PDA

View Full Version : Travers Reservoir Hotels

JohninAB
04-28-2010, 08:50 AM
Never been down to Travers but may head down for the opener. Not interested in hauling the fifth wheel down so questions is, are there and if so, what are they like, any hotels in Champion or Carmangay? Or even Lomond.

nicemustang
04-28-2010, 08:53 AM
Possibily a crappy old small town motels in these, but decent ones in Vulcan.

MoFugger21
04-28-2010, 02:15 PM
Never been down to Travers but may head down for the opener. Not interested in hauling the fifth wheel down so questions is, are there and if so, what are they like, any hotels in Champion or Carmangay? Or even Lomond.

If you're just looking for somewhere to hang your hat for the night, the Champion Hotel does have rooms..... I haven't been up there in quite a while so I dont know the exact condition of them, but I know they are there. I'm also not sure if the restaurant is open right now either, so that might be a deterant.

Personally, I would just drive the extra 12 minutes North to Vulcan and stay at the Vulcan Country Inn. Decent rooms, restaurant, and bar. Theres also the Wheatland Motel to stay at, but if I had to choose, I would go with the first one.

WayneChristie
04-28-2010, 06:13 PM
Theres a hotel in Lomond. Some big fish in Badger too a few minutes away. You are only about 12 miles from Travers too.

Kingfisher
04-29-2010, 03:21 AM
I stayed in the Vulcan Country Inn durring the Badger derby. It was ok to hang your hat in for a few days. Good lounge with decent food and cold brewskies. Besides at the time they had the olympic hockey games on the big screen. So I figured why not stay warm and watch hockey?

Rob