PDA

View Full Version : Lethbridge Sunday

jts1
04-30-2010, 08:18 AM
Going to be in Lethnridge on Sunday. Any spots a guy can get a fly or my spinner wet?

waynep
04-30-2010, 12:37 PM
NICHOLAS SHERAN PARK POND it's on the west side of town. It is stocked with brown trout and brook trout and it has some pike in it as well. I am not sure if it has been stocked this year yet.
Wayne

jts1
04-30-2010, 12:47 PM
Ya so I have heard. But it gets hit real hard and winter kills I am told. Some big old Broods in there from what I understand.

Buck Krazy
04-30-2010, 01:11 PM
Some buddies caught some really nice pike in Henderson last year in May.... Beware of hurricane force winds! :lol:

Guitarplayingfish
04-30-2010, 04:31 PM
Around lethbridge your limited. Nicholas sheran (pike, brown, brook, perch, carp) Riverstone pond (supposed to be trout, but now its all pike), the university pond (pike), and henderson of course (pike,carp). Your best bet would be Nic... Ive been catching monster browns/brooks all year out there. Unfortunately when nothing is open a guy still has to fish, whether it be in the city or not. Good luck.

npauls
04-30-2010, 05:03 PM
If you would like to travel outside of the city a bit I know of a few places for you to check out. Just pm me.

Nate

NUK SOO KOW
04-30-2010, 05:05 PM
I fish henderson quite a bit. I use my flyrod and top water lures. The pike are getting hungry and have had a few good days. I have had 20 fish days there, usually in may. Flies are the way to go!! There are some big fish in there as well. Last weekend I snagged a carp on the tail with my rapala, it was quit the battle!! The fish had to be close to 20 pounds. I also caught a pike that was about ten pounds in the riverstone pond. I was using a tiny red/white spoon for the trout in there! Henderson is fun and exciting when the bites on, as I have had up to 4 or 5 pike fighting over my flies. And they will readily take topwater, which is quite fun. Good luck!!

NUK SOO KOW
04-30-2010, 05:07 PM
Oh yeah, last weekend when I was at henderson, there was a guy with his nephew fishing. His nephew hooked a good one, they weighed it at 14 1/2 pounds!! I was a wee jealous, but good for him!!

jts1
04-30-2010, 05:09 PM
Leaving Airdrie now for lethbridge If any local guys wana show a guy a spot or two please send Pm with contact info

jts1
05-02-2010, 09:37 AM
NICHOLAS SHERAN PARK POND it's on the west side of town. It is stocked with brown trout and brook trout and it has some pike in it as well. I am not sure if it has been stocked this year yet.
Wayne

Was there Sat no luck

I fish henderson quite a bit. I use my flyrod and top water lures. The pike are getting hungry and have had a few good days. I have had 20 fish days there, usually in may. Flies are the way to go!! There are some big fish in there as well. Last weekend I snagged a carp on the tail with my rapala, it was quit the battle!! The fish had to be close to 20 pounds. I also caught a pike that was about ten pounds in the riverstone pond. I was using a tiny red/white spoon for the trout in there! Henderson is fun and exciting when the bites on, as I have had up to 4 or 5 pike fighting over my flies. And they will readily take topwater, which is quite fun. Good luck!!

Going to try top water fly for pike today here before I head back to Calgary

jts1
05-02-2010, 06:08 PM
Hit Henderson today. Got my first Pike on the flyrod. All were just a few pounds. But there were lots of them in there. Seen some HUGE carp. Will need to find out what you use for them and give it a shot

Buck Krazy
05-03-2010, 09:37 AM
Good job man! There is a pond by the jail too, think its full of perch... Always FULL of PELICANS!!

fishingwithpole
05-04-2010, 02:23 AM
Could the carps in Henderson and Nicholas Sheran Lakes be grass carp because I heard the City introduced grass carp to the lakes for plant control?

FWP

jts1
05-04-2010, 08:49 AM
Yes they are grass carp

NUK SOO KOW
05-05-2010, 11:06 AM
Yes the carp are huge!! I snagged one on the tail(by accident) with an 8 inch rapala, it was about 25 pounds and took about a half hour to bring in!! Was fun!! Congrats on the 1st flyroded pike!! Fun and addicting isn't it!