PDA

View Full Version : How much snow is there around Beaver Lake?

the holster
04-30-2010, 09:05 AM
I might be jumping the gun considering the wintery blast we just went through but I was hoping to take the trailer out to this area and random camp on Crown land. Does anyone know if the area still has a whack of snow making this a dumb idea?
the holster

MountainTi
04-30-2010, 09:14 AM
Lot's. When it does melt it will be a mud hole for a while

the holster
04-30-2010, 09:26 AM
Thanks for the quick response.
the holster:(

Scotty P.
04-30-2010, 09:31 AM
Lot's. When it does melt it will be a mud hole for a while

Dang. I'm heading out there in a few hours myself and I was also wondering about the snow. Looks like I'll need a few more tarps for the tent. Oh well.

MountainTi
04-30-2010, 10:05 AM
Dang. I'm heading out there in a few hours myself and I was also wondering about the snow. Looks like I'll need a few more tarps for the tent. Oh well.

I wouldn't venture off main gravel roads

flygirrl
04-30-2010, 10:19 AM
If its the beaver lake by caroline there was no snow around there last week. i would imagine what we got yesterday will melt by today.

the holster
04-30-2010, 11:30 AM
Thanks for the good advice (as usual). I spoke to a hotel receptionist at Caroline and she said there was no snow left in the area. Having said this, my buddies and I are taking our trailers up around Birch/Beaver Lk to camp this weekend. Probably be a bit soggy but that's why man (or woman) invented rubber boots.Might just try some flies at Birch. What do ya think, is shore fishing decent here or do I need my pontoon boat? Cheers!
the holster

ULTRAlite
04-30-2010, 12:44 PM
Thanks for the good advice (as usual). I spoke to a hotel receptionist at Caroline and she said there was no snow left in the area. Having said this, my buddies and I are taking our trailers up around Birch/Beaver Lk to camp this weekend. Probably be a bit soggy but that's why man (or woman) invented rubber boots.Might just try some flies at Birch. What do ya think, is shore fishing decent here or do I need my pontoon boat? Cheers!
the holster

Kinda iffy, but I might be up that way as well. I'll stop in and say hello if we do. :)

MountainTi
04-30-2010, 01:18 PM
If its the beaver lake by caroline there was no snow around there last week. i would imagine what we got yesterday will melt by today.

Not so sure about that, little different in Caroline compared to Rocky.

MountainTi
04-30-2010, 01:22 PM
the holster

She better look outside :). I just got back from town, and it's still pretty white. I'm 3 miles out, and there was over a foot here (on the flats, that's not the drifts) yesterday morning. Still pure white out, won't be gone today. I did just get from Rocky and none there in town though. You will have a lot of trouble getting into Birch. If you do make it there, not much for shore fishing there. Wouldn't even bother there without a boat. Beaver has a lot more shore fishing to offer.

goose
04-30-2010, 03:11 PM
Hi Holster , goose here I spoke to someone around water valley who said she has 2 feet of snow at her place in the bush and the snow was quite crusty this morning. Hope this helps.
take care
Goose:wave: