PDA

View Full Version : where to fish near edmonton

Guitarplayingfish
04-30-2010, 04:33 PM
So Im heading up north for a while... Im unfamiliar with the area, was wondering if anyone could tell me what lakes (if any) are open within about an hour drive of edmonton. Athabasca is too far.
Thanks =)

Dak1138
04-30-2010, 08:47 PM
I see Muir is opened tomorrow (may 1) but I have never been there. I think it is arainbow trout lake if that is what you are after.

The north saskatchewen river right in the city has some bigger fish in it ,although the only thing I caught in it was a tiny whitefish.

nimrod
05-05-2010, 06:51 PM
Go to Rock Lake up by Hinton, off the beaten path a bit, but grass is growing in the camp stalls, nobody seems to go there, as of last year, Mountains clear blue water, and lake trout in there, what else do you need, great paths to the lake and around from the camp ground. Happy Camping

ghostguy6
05-05-2010, 07:24 PM
If you dont mind the river shoot me a PM :wave:
I think all the pothole lakes are open.

timsesink
05-05-2010, 07:25 PM
Just lok in the regs a ton of info there, within an hour there's wizard, coal, wabamun, jackfish, isle, lac ste. anne and lots of others, do a furom search and it will gepl you out.

timsesink
05-05-2010, 07:26 PM
just be sure to check the regs as most lakes aren't open except for the potholes as mentioned above

Geezle
05-06-2010, 06:44 AM
Like everybody already said, there's pretty much the potholes for trout, or the NSR for just about anything. Pulled a couple nice little pike out of the river on Sunday :)

When are you coming up this way? :wave:

nimrod
05-06-2010, 08:18 AM
But do your homework some of the campgrounds are on the chopping block or going to day use, like Coal Lake.