PDA

View Full Version : River boat??

fordtruckin
04-30-2010, 10:39 PM
Hey I'm lookin at picken up a boat to run a few rivers.. and a lake once in a while. Only want somethin around 16-18 feet, maybe 20.. Just a small boat for 2-4 people fishin. Any suggestions? and would an outboard be better or a jet better for this type?
Thanx

Stump thumper
05-01-2010, 11:38 AM
If you want to run on rivers, a jet is the only way to go. There is a thread from the other day about a guy who ran the river with what I think was an outboard prop boat and the outcome was not good. So if you want to do any kind of river runnin don't even bother with a prop. And if you only want to take up to 4 people a 16-18' boat would be great. You just have to decide if you want to do more lake or river runnin to figure out what type of bottom would be best, (degree bottom, bottom protection etc.)

Safety D
05-01-2010, 02:26 PM
12 degree, 175 or 200 merc jet, your laughing !!!!!!

firegod74
05-01-2010, 03:47 PM
I tries to find a link but I can't. Anyway, what about a Muskrat or something? You know one of those flatter boats with a tunnel and a jetleg. They can go in almost zero water and could be used in many lakes and steams. Not good in rough water, but I've seen them perform well in rivers.