PDA

View Full Version : central alberta pike

Deano85
04-30-2010, 10:44 PM
Hi, I was just wonderig if there is any pike fishing open yet around Red Deer. Thanks

timsesink
05-01-2010, 03:32 PM
check the regs, thats why you have them

Deano85
05-01-2010, 03:45 PM
Iam aware of the bodies of water around me that are in the regs and they are all closed. Im wondering if there was anyplace not in the regs and therefore open.

Krisrf
05-01-2010, 08:01 PM
I've been searching for the same thing. The two I know of in the Central Alberta area would be Hugh Bower Ponds (commonly known as Bower Ponds) in Red Deer (I don't have any experience fishing there and haven't had a big desire to) and Glennifer Lake, west of Innisfail I believe is open for the full year and has pike in it (I also don't believe there is a size limit on the pike there). I've never caught anything from Glennifer but only fished it once for a short while. My two bits mind you.

Deano85
05-01-2010, 09:16 PM
Are there still pike left in bower ponds? I have caught a few and seen a kid catch a 15 pounder.

The small body of water at three mile bend used to have pike in it, havent caught anything from there in 2 years. Also the pond at river bend has pike but i have never caught any from it.

Im really curious if there are any fish in gates lakes.