PDA

View Full Version : One-Day Guided Coral Lake Fly-In Fly Fishing Trip

DarkAisling
05-01-2010, 10:59 AM
I've been communicating with a company that offers a one-day guided fly-in fly fishing trip to Coral Lake. This is not a cheap trip. Gratuities are not included (both the heli pilot and the guide should probably be considered for gratuities).

The trips only happen in August. All gear and lunch is provided. Only fly fishers can be accommodated, and the guide will help you out if you've never fly fished before. Golden Trout are tricky, and effective techniques for catching them will be taught.

One chopper can accommodate 1-3 anglers, and the other can accommodate 4-5 anglers. #1 Son and I would both be going, so that would leave room for 1-3 other people.

The company has been doing fly-in trips to Coral for 14 years. They are based in Turner Valley, and I believe the choppers leave from Calgary (I need to confirm this).

When booking, they request that three workable dates be given. They fly-in seven days a week.

If anyone is seriously interested in joining us please let me know via PM and I can send you the cost, the link to the outfitters website, and try to answer any more questions you have. In the event I don't know the answer, I'll make a list of questions and phone the outfitter next week.

Kingfisher . . . you gonna come with us, or are you gonna struggle up the mountain with those other guys? :p

Kingfisher
05-01-2010, 11:24 AM
Oh my goodness. Not sure I could pass a nice heli ride up the mountain. Go ahead and fire me off the info.

Rob