PDA

View Full Version : How Fish Get Into New Ponds

Andrzej
05-01-2010, 03:52 PM
From Answer.com

How Fish Get Into New Ponds
There are birds such as cranes that travel from one pond to another. They could carry fish eggs on their feet and legs, this way new ponds get fish without being stocked.

Lots of threads about "bucket brigades" introducing perch to trout fishery ... what about above mentioned act of nature..

Maybe there is nobody with hidden agenda stocking trout ponds ???

What do you think ???

Andrew

jesse34567
05-01-2010, 04:04 PM
its possible

Andrzej
05-01-2010, 04:46 PM
Wishin I Be Fishin

I like your motto jesse

huntsfurfish
05-01-2010, 05:01 PM
If that were true, fish would be everywhere- all species.

Fiction-always comes up though.

Enter through rivers, streams, floods or human interference.

:):wave:

Athabasca
05-01-2010, 07:22 PM
Don't forget big storms can tranfer small fish too, back many years ago I noticed a few sticklebacks on our lawn by Legal after a big thunder storm. Our farm was a few miles from a river or lake.

npauls
05-01-2010, 07:42 PM
Irrigation water ways is how the perch are getting into the lakes around lethbridge. There is perch in park lake and that water is fed into nicholas sheran pond and also riverstone pond which both have tiny perch in them now. I know enchant is the same way also. They just make their way through the irrigation canals and then spawn like crazy and take over. Could happen anywhere with irrigation fed ponds or lakes.

nate

HunterDave
05-02-2010, 01:58 AM
Don't forget big storms can tranfer small fish too, back many years ago I noticed a few sticklebacks on our lawn by Legal after a big thunder storm. Our farm was a few miles from a river or lake.

I've heard of it raining cats and dogs but never fish!:lol:

fishnut9
05-02-2010, 06:29 AM
I've heard of it raining cats and dogs but never fish!:lol:

Lol you would be surprised of what has happened in the past. Salmon falling from the sky after a hurricane. Fish swimming across roads with half a foot of water.