PDA

View Full Version : Cutties Stocked in Sibbald Creek Beaver Ponds

jacenbeers
05-01-2010, 08:59 PM
I read in Barry Mitchell's guide today that the beaver ponds on Sibbald Creek are stocked with Cutties. I am not sure if this is true or not. Has anybody ever caught anything in one of the beaver ponds? Which beaver ponds are stocked? Would they have likely winter killed? When was the last time this happened?

baitfisher83
05-01-2010, 11:09 PM
Sibbald lake and Sibbald Meadows pond were both stocked with cutties a few years ago.....i'm not sure how much is left I think the lake winterkills but i've caught some nice sized fish out of the pond..even a 3-4lb brook a couple years ago...West ponds usually are stocked on may long weekend so you may not see much action in them until then,,

jacenbeers
05-02-2010, 02:06 AM
I know about the lake and the pond. That is not what I was asking. I am talking about the Creek and the beaver ponds in the creek. There are 3 separate listings in the Barry Mitchell guide and the one for the creek says that Cutts were stocked in the beaver ponds.

Ruger1022
05-02-2010, 06:39 AM
jacen

I stopped by the beaver ponds couple days ago on my way to a couple of ponds, I didn't see any movement or any fish rising in the creek. I am really dont think fish could make it through the winter as the water is somewhat shallow. It sure was nice to stop and take in the outdoors in that area though...

jacenbeers
05-02-2010, 08:32 AM
Thanks Ruger. There is a larger beaver pond on the other side of the road from Sibbald Meadows Pond that I walked to yesterday and I was wondering if that might be considered one of the stocked beaver ponds because it was fairly large. I think it was even deep enough that they could live through the winter.

FishingForLife
05-02-2010, 08:52 AM
Me and my buddy fish the creek and the side ponds all the time. Caught lots and lots of little cutties. There IS fish in the creeks all the way from the flats near the viewpoint, to the pond itself and past. BUT the creek holds some bruiser brooks man. Also, that pond your talking about. Right across the road from the sibbald pond. It DOES have fish, a few very decent sized one, HOWEVER, your best bet for casting would be the south side, just because the north side near the road is all weedy and shallow. But your right, towards the middle it is pretty deep. I know they stock the creek, but as to where they actually do it, I have no idea.

whitewolf
05-02-2010, 09:58 AM
lots of fish in sibbald meadows pond tho....caught tons of rainbow,cutties and cutbow and one little brookie....fish riseing everywhere