PDA

View Full Version : Pinto lake?

outsider
05-04-2010, 06:32 PM
Me and a buddy were planning on hiking into Pinto this summer. Anybody been there in the last couple seasons, is it worth packing in a pole and what is better, fly rod or spin caster?

Big Bull
05-04-2010, 06:48 PM
Better not take any tackle - I believe the lake is still closed year round.:(

greylynx
05-04-2010, 09:05 PM
A lot of tourists, and wannabee mountain men. A lot of helicopter drop offs, and for the above described eco friendly people, a heck of a lot of garbage that is left.

mikeym
05-05-2010, 08:26 AM
better look at your regs. Pinto Lake and the streams are closed to fishing all year.

outsider
05-05-2010, 07:53 PM
Thanx. no fishing got it. Got a regs around somewhere can't find it.
Doesn't sound as majestic as the trail guide says. Why is it so hard to burn or pack out your garbage?

mikeym
05-06-2010, 08:40 AM
same reason people throw garbage out their car window, lazy and complete lack of respect for thier surroundings.

Big Bull
05-06-2010, 09:38 AM
Thanx. no fishing got it. Got a regs around somewhere can't find it.
Doesn't sound as majestic as the trail guide says. Why is it so hard to burn or pack out your garbage?
I don't know, but when I was there, we had to build a bonfire to burn 6 large garbage bags full of garbage. That didn't help me sleep any better for the next 2 nights. I found the hike in from the Icefields Parkway to be very "majestic" once you got up to Sunset Pass and the view of the lake from above was spectacular. The horse trail up the Cline River wasn't much fun for hiking,
but we were only on a small portion of it near the lake .

outsider
05-06-2010, 06:50 PM
God*#%$@ dirty literin sonsa#$^@*. It burns me up that these morons hike in to these places and trash them. I used to hunt out west of rocky but gave up cause there are to many yahoos tearin the place up. Every where I stoped to camp I spent atleast an hour cleanin up other peoples mess:angry3: Just once I would like to see a warden catch these people and charge them
:waiting4: