PDA

View Full Version : Marine carpet in Edmonton

Adolph
05-05-2010, 12:20 PM
I'm making floor boards for my Lund and when I tried to order some marine carpet from Cabelas (the perfect color and price!) found out they don't ship carpet to Canada.

Do any of you guys know a place in Edmonton that sells boat/marine carpet by the yard? Thanks for any help.

Drewski Canuck
05-05-2010, 10:05 PM
Ducan makes a Roll Dek - dek Cote product sold locally at Home Depot / Rona. It is Neoprene rubber with shredded rubber crumb in it. Roll it on in one direction on bare wood. 3 color choices, grey, sand, white. The stuff gives a textured no slip finish that is very tough, easily flushed, does not fade, EXTREMELY slip resistant, etc.

Took two sets of carpet out of my Sylvan, finally switched over to Ducan. Slimmiest Pike on the boat bottom and it rinses right away. Spill a tub of worms and washes away. Carpet holds water, holds dirt, holds stink. If you want practical and sound deadening, try this stuff out.

Drewski

Big Bull
05-06-2010, 09:59 AM
Drewski, any idea on the price of that stuff? It sounds perfect for the floor of my freighter canoe.

Paul C
05-06-2010, 10:08 AM
I'm making floor boards for my Lund and when I tried to order some marine carpet from Cabelas (the perfect color and price!) found out they don't ship carpet to Canada.

Do any of you guys know a place in Edmonton that sells boat/marine carpet by the yard? Thanks for any help.
Here is the contact # for an upholstery shop in west edmonton, Ron Wyatt @780-486-1061. He does work on custom marine boats.

Drewski Canuck
05-06-2010, 10:24 AM
A 2.5 gallon can of the traction base coat was about $80.00, and 2.5 gallon top coat (colorant) was about the same. Also sold in one gallon cans, but I don't have the price.

Drewski

PoorTurtle
05-06-2010, 12:04 PM
I redid my Lund last year with duradeck, not the roll on but the lino kind. comes in lots of colors. great stuff for a boat. started with the idea of removing all the floor boards, stripping them down and then rapping the material. found out that was not going to be that easy though. when the build a boat the floor goes in first and the they and the rest.(consold, winsheild, ect.) I ended up buying new plywood and cuting it to fit, then rapping it before install. worked great, looks even beter.
if i can find a pict. ill post it.

Doc
05-06-2010, 12:17 PM
Not sure of they still carry it but I bought mine at Home Depot two years ago.

Cheers,
Doc