PDA

View Full Version : Brazeau Res.

matathonman
05-06-2010, 12:07 PM
I'm wanting to head up there on the long weekend for some camping and fishing. I've never been there before so don't really know what to expect. The better half and I are going to bring the fly rods and give it a go for some pike. I read there are brown trout in there too. Was wondering if it is best to bring the boat or our pontoons? Is there any other access spots where we can park our buts for the weekend. The campground is full. I don't care where I'm at just as long as we can get on the water!

Brand new to this water so any info would be great!

Thanks everyone

deerassassin
05-06-2010, 01:41 PM
I'm wanting to head up there on the long weekend for some camping and fishing. I've never been there before so don't really know what to expect. The better half and I are going to bring the fly rods and give it a go for some pike. I read there are brown trout in there too. Was wondering if it is best to bring the boat or our pontoons? Is there any other access spots where we can park our buts for the weekend. The campground is full. I don't care where I'm at just as long as we can get on the water!

Brand new to this water so any info would be great!

Thanks everyone

last time i was there it was almost comepletely drained. but that was 2 weeks ago

cks
05-07-2010, 08:04 PM
I haven't caught a browm there yet but I know people that have and the caught them on pickerel rigs baited with worms and minnows right at the bridge. I have seen them jump lots there so you way want to try the fly rod. The only thingI have ever caught there is pike.

flygirrl
05-07-2010, 08:13 PM
Plenty of camping area's around the rez. This is a very dangerous rez:confused0068: and never underestimate the water there. If the wind picks up:shark: you can find yourself in trouble in a hurry. If all you have are pontoon boats you may be better off in Medicine lake. Although it can get rough its a lot smaller. Up to you but respect all water bodies and stay safe. PS. Medicine has a campground and there is plenty of crown land on the way in with lots of camping spots.:sign0111:

matathonman
05-09-2010, 12:44 AM
Thanks a bunck guys, I think I've figured it out. By all the more reading Ive done on line about this lake and talking to some friends in Rocky I've come to a conclusion. I'll wait untill summer to check it out. The fishing will be better and I won't have to worry about everything going missing! Long weekend is not the time to go.