PDA

View Full Version : Anyone else heading to SK this weekend?

edmkills
05-06-2010, 12:30 PM
I'm heading out friday for 9 days of monster pike hunting in SK just wondering if anyone else is making the trip? Going to be spending most of my time at Green lake which is about as far north as you can get in the southern zone (the only zone open before may long).

nicemustang
05-06-2010, 03:36 PM
Yes, but for seeding time on farm. Although I'll definitely be fishing with my dad on our local lake (lake lenore) or shannon lake.

Acutally I don't know where green lake is? Where is it?

Piker
05-06-2010, 03:43 PM
Used to go to Green Lake many years ago had fantastic fishing right at the south end at the creek mouth. You had to time it right to hit the big fish. One year I think the average weight was probably 18 lbs. Good mopose hunting around there also. Good Luck Piker

aulrich
05-06-2010, 03:53 PM
It's about 1 hour east of Meadow lake, if it is the place that I drive though to get to where i'll be fishing the long weekend.

One night while we were driving buy the wife and I counted 105 deer in the 20 k east of town before our turn off. Better than red bull after 8 hours of driving. never seen a stretch of road with so many deer in the ditch, don't know why.

edmkills
05-06-2010, 03:58 PM
Piker - thats one of my favorite spots on the lake...big ones are always there just need the right lure...at least thats what i keep telling myself.

mikeo2
05-06-2010, 04:32 PM
7 mile creek is a favorite spot of mine on the lake for big pike, or right at the corner where the lake turns somewhat east/west for a little bit, right at the corner on the westish side there is a small bay there, hammered 5 over 15 pounds on topwater baits one day a few summers ago.

socal
05-06-2010, 04:49 PM
Yes, but for seeding time on farm. Although I'll definitely be fishing with my dad on our local lake (lake lenore) or shannon lake.

Acutally I don't know where green lake is? Where is it?

how is lake lenore? my grampa lived in humbolt and i had the best 2 days of fishing in my life. Caught 40 plus fish each day just fishing off the boat launch on the south side.