PDA

View Full Version : Anyone go heli fishing to michelle lakes

sheepslam
05-06-2010, 06:08 PM
Just wondering if anyone on here has done any heli fishing into the mentioned lake,what do they bite on there,planning a trip there in middle of Aug

Heffty
05-07-2010, 11:33 PM
I fished Rainy Ridge and they seemed to bite on a 1/4 red, gold, and white kamlooper. I'm not sure if you are fly fishing or angling. A friend of mine and I pretty much exclusively use kamlooper spoons now. They are weighted a little heavier than the len thompsons so they cast farther from shore and sink faster. You can see a pic of one golden caught here...

www.outdooralberta.com

We haven't been to Michelle but we have thought about it from time to time. If you remember, please PM me and let me know how it goes after your trip.

thumper
05-07-2010, 11:55 PM
I was into the Michelle Lakes a few years ago - also in August. We found small, dark coloured, nymphs worked well. The fish cruise the shallows, and there's some deeper drop-offs close to shore on the east side towards the outlet. No need for a float tube.

duffy4
05-08-2010, 01:18 PM
I was there a few years back in late Aug. I brought rain and snow gear but it was warm and sunny. One fellow used small spinners and did well. The rest of us used flies and did ok. They are beautiful fish.

http://i19.photobucket.com/albums/b174/duffy4/100_8469-2.jpg