PDA

View Full Version : Opening Day

fish-man
05-06-2010, 11:01 PM
Anyone know when the following lakes open to fishing: Wabamun, Jackfish (near Stony Plain) and Pigeon?

mooseknuckle
05-06-2010, 11:04 PM
I think all those lakes open may 21

longshadow
05-07-2010, 12:34 AM
Opening dates listed in Alberta regs book you would have got with your license. Check it out.

diamonddave
05-07-2010, 07:37 AM
Opening dates listed in Alberta regs book you would have got with your license. Check it out.

Another guy with great advice, wow ...

timsesink
05-07-2010, 07:53 AM
I think we're all getting sick of questions about things guys should be looking up in the book or on the FG website. You really shouldn't ask those kinds of questions either because say we give this guy the wrong date, May 20th he heads out is amazed how quiet the lake is until he sees the FG officer coming for him. Couple tickets later he realizes that for anything pertaining to regs, always look in the book, we're actaully just trying to teach him the right way of doing things.

fish-man
05-07-2010, 03:10 PM
geez... I'm well aware of how to look through my regulations, just thought that asking this way was easier. If you don't want to answer the question no one is forcing you to read or open the thread.

Mooseknuckle, thank you:)

Paul C
05-07-2010, 03:15 PM
It is sound advice to check the regs in writing in the manual. It will save you alot of grief by having the regs while you fish.:computer-18: Sometimes information can be posted in error.

diamonddave
05-07-2010, 03:19 PM
I think we're all getting sick of questions about things guys should be looking up in the book or on the FG website. You really shouldn't ask those kinds of questions either because say we give this guy the wrong date, May 20th he heads out is amazed how quiet the lake is until he sees the FG officer coming for him. Couple tickets later he realizes that for anything pertaining to regs, always look in the book, we're actaully just trying to teach him the right way of doing things.

Sure everbody should read the regs, know them inside and out, no doubt about it. But don't tell me you are trying to teach anything buy stating the obvious.
This site is full of people asking questions that could be answered by doing a google search, we don't jump on them for that. In my opinion if you don't have anything constructive to add, or info to give, why bother giving a smart **s comment? Thats what people should be getting sick of by now. It happens in every thread.

diamonddave
05-07-2010, 03:39 PM
Now I apologise for hijacking this thread and turning it into my personal rant. Sorry to the OP.

Walleyes
05-07-2010, 04:38 PM

Its called being spoon fed.. Their mommy did for them until they went to junior high now they just expect it from life in general.. Why use your own head when someone else will do it for you...

hunter49
05-07-2010, 04:46 PM
"jeez, sorry officer...the guys on AO said they thought it was open today!!"

fish-man
05-07-2010, 10:42 PM
My goodness.. a lot of snarky responses for a really non-controversial question. This thread should have been over after the first response.

Well, enjoy yourself guys, I will be out actually fishing instead of posting on this website.

Dak1138
05-07-2010, 11:04 PM
I am assuming you know which lakes are open by now.

Have fun wherever you end up and don't be afraid to come back to the forum.