PDA

View Full Version : wow i dont know how i could justify this

fishnut9
05-07-2010, 01:34 AM
I was at the tackle shack today looking for pickerel rig. Well i overheard this guys total come to 980 bucks. I thought he bought a rifle but all i saw was a rod and a reel. I cant believe anyone would be so into fishing. There are a million things i can buy with 1000 bucks lol. ANyways i accidently got crappie rigs. Does that work as well as pickerel

Fishfinder
05-07-2010, 01:42 AM
I was at the tackle shack today looking for pickerel rig. Well i overheard this guys total come to 980 bucks. I thought he bought a rifle but all i saw was a rod and a reel. I cant believe anyone would be so into fishing. There are a million things i can buy with 1000 bucks lol. ANyways i accidently got crappie rigs. Does that work as well as pickerel

Too each their own.

Yup, If u bought the crappie rigs u will do fine imo. Work fine for me:) The odd lunker will bend ur hook though. May wanna consider swappin hooks? Depends what ur fishn for?

fishnut9
05-07-2010, 01:52 AM
Too each their own.

Yup, If u bought the crappie rigs u will do fine imo. Work fine for me:) The odd lunker will bend ur hook though. May wanna consider swappin hooks? Depends what ur fishn for?

im fishing for rainbow so i went for the smallest hook i could find. And sorry i mean i dont know how i could justify it to my wife. Id come in and shed be like how much did that cost. Well ummmm you know how much i love fishing. It cost:scared0018:

mulecrazy
05-07-2010, 02:02 AM
hopefully you picked up some extra hooks. the ones that come with the p-rigs are crap. they bend a break easily. I like the matsusoka(sp??) hooks. very strong and sharp. good luck:shake2:

Geezle
05-07-2010, 06:21 AM
Wow, I'm pretty sure all my fishing stuff put together isn't worth that much money! :free-scared-smileys

jeprli
05-07-2010, 07:05 AM
That is crazy, but if I could, I would spend $2k easily on a single setup, there are so many good things out of Germany(gear), Sweden(gear), Japan(reels), and US(rods)...

badger
05-07-2010, 08:01 AM
So what do you think of this?
http://www.orvis.com/store/product.aspx?pf_id=973352&dir_id=758&group_id=759&cat_id=12888&subcat_id=12889

Or these where the waiting list is several years for bamboo

http://www.troutrods.com/prices.html

A mid range spey setup is approaching 1K$.

TexasTornado
05-07-2010, 10:08 AM
A good 1pce rod and baitcaster is an easy G note.........each to their own i know people (wife) thats spends that on pots and pans and all other sorts of kitchen gagets bi-weekly.........i only need one pot a plate a fork and a knife?

Hunter Trav
05-07-2010, 10:34 AM
A good 1pce rod and baitcaster is an easy G note.........each to their own i know people (wife) thats spends that on pots and pans and all other sorts of kitchen gagets bi-weekly.........i only need one pot a plate a fork and a knife?

Yeah, but they never see it in the same light as you or I do, do they... The grand they spend on their crap, only equals about 10 bucks worth of hunting or fishing gear. I tell you its really an unfair exchange rate...:2mo5pow:

FishBrain
05-07-2010, 11:54 AM
Yeah, but they never see it in the same light as you or I do, do they... The grand they spend on their crap, only equals about 10 bucks worth of hunting or fishing gear. I tell you its really an unfair exchange rate...:2mo5pow:

oh, you hit the nail on the head.
It also goes along with the...you go out all the time to go fishing for the day, so I am going to Jamaica for 10 days.

Well the joke is on her this time!!! I am going with her, AND going fishing!!!!

Hunter Trav
05-07-2010, 12:32 PM
oh, you hit the nail on the head.
It also goes along with the...you go out all the time to go fishing for the day, so I am going to Jamaica for 10 days.

Well the joke is on her this time!!! I am going with her, AND going fishing!!!!

Yeah good for you. I took a rod with me to Jamaica last year too, didn't catch much, but it gave me time to get away for some alone time. Don't forget to bring a cold red stripe with you... :sign0111:

Fisher_man#1
05-08-2010, 04:47 PM
I know some fly rods can easily get to the $8000 dollar range just the rod,and reels about $2000 to $3000. You got to be dedicated to start that sport.

ericlin0122
05-08-2010, 04:53 PM
piece of cake.
check this reel $9999.99 (http://ca.wholesalesports.com/storefront/fly-fishing/reels-spools/zane-ti-sal****er-reel/prod240037.html)

luckyme
05-08-2010, 07:11 PM
i really have to take a mortgage to buy those gear.:sign0176:

Caper28
05-08-2010, 07:41 PM
I build my own rods and most of the fly rods I have are in the $400-$600 range. The spinniing rods are around $200. Sure I can go buy a cheap set up and catch fish on it, but most of the time, especialy with fly rods you get what you pay for. If you can aford to buy it, why not. I would love to get my hands on a nice Winston boo rod, but $3000 is a little steep for my budget right now. But I am looking into one in 5 years time and I can't wait.

You don't have to be dedicated to start fly fishing, I know guys who have been using $100 outfits their whole life.

tbone616
05-08-2010, 08:00 PM
Someone on this forum (can't remember who) once said that there greatest fear of dieing is that after they are gone their wife will sell their fishing gear for what they told her they paid for it.

X2
:thinking-017:

TexasTornado
05-08-2010, 10:39 PM
Someone on this forum (can't remember who) once said that there greatest fear of dieing is that after they are gone their wife will sell their fishing gear for what they told her they paid for it.

X2
:thinking-017:

Classic