PDA

View Full Version : Burstall Lake, Mikisew Sport Fishing

fishpro
05-08-2010, 06:10 PM
Has anyone here flown into Burstall Lake before? I've seen lots of people posting on here about Wylie and other lakes with Mikisew, but haven't seen much about Burstall. If anyone has been how was it? I've been studying depth charts and all, but would like to here from those who have gone there before. I'm going in June 13-18. Thanks in advance!

fishpro
05-12-2010, 05:26 PM
No one? Someone from the board has to have been to Burstall before

Walleye101
05-12-2010, 07:59 PM
I've heard that lake has some monster Pike and Lakers. It's not one of the most popular lakes in the Mikisew chain of lakes so it doesn't get fished very often. I do know that Burstall is the only lake in Alberta that has a specific type of Lake Cisco in it. There is a big thing about it at the Alberta Museum in Edmonton. You should go check it out. Maybe that's why the fish there are of good size and quality? You should have a blast!!

Heffty
05-12-2010, 09:56 PM
Lake Cisco? What is that?

fishpro
05-12-2010, 10:14 PM
Lake Cisco? What is that?

It's a member of the whitefish family, quite a bit smaller than a lake whitefish but quite similar in body shape and colour. Slightly different mouth on them though.

Heffty
05-12-2010, 10:34 PM
I'm actually going up there this weekend with a friend. Any good spots around the campground area to fish off shore?

fishpro
05-12-2010, 10:38 PM
I'm guessing you're not going to the same place as I am, Burstall Lake is a fly in lake by Fort Macmurray.