PDA

View Full Version : Crappiest day ever.

plinker
05-09-2010, 06:57 PM
We took my wife fishing to Clear Lake, East of Stavely. After departing the paved road at 2:30 in the afternoon, we hit some serious washboard. I thought I heard a thud but looked in my mirrors and saw nothing. We went two more miles and when we stopped for a second, my son looked back and said, hey Dad the tailgate is down. Low and behold we get out and two of my tackle boxes are missing. It dawned on me that the thud I heard was the tailgate, at the washboard so we highballed it back in under 2 minutes. As we pulled up to the washboard, a Silver Maxima (car) license JDU-013 Alberta plates, pulled away from the side of the road at a high speed. I followed him to the stop sign and attempted to get out to go talk to him.He took off at an incredibly high rate of speed. I knew then it was him, so we took off to catch up to him. He was going 175 kph. He blew the stop sign at Stavely corner and proceed north on highway 2. He then turned onto many township and range roads trying to lose me. We contacted the RCMP and gave them a description of the vehicle. They asked us to discontinue the pursuit, and we did as asked. We needed fuel so we stopped into the Nanton Esso truck stop and guess who was fueling up. I approached him politely, and asked him if he had seen any tackle boxes on the Clear Lake road. He SMIRKED at me and asked why. The smirk told me all I needed to know. I asked him why he drove away at a high speed from me and he SMIRKED again and wouldn't answer. I informed him that the RCMP would be looking for him and again he SMIRKED at me and said, SO!!!! There was nothing I could do so I had to back off. He laughed right at me as he got back in his car. He is about 5'5", age about 45 y/o, slightly pudgy, Caucasian, and is pretty confident in himself. The vehicle is a Silver Maxima, license plate JDU-013, Alberta Plated. If anyone approaches anyone on the board with a too sweet deal on fishing gear please contact Jamie at Claresholm Detachment RCMP. The two tackle boxes are identicle. They are beige on the top half, and green on the bottom half. On the top of the cases, one says Leona and the other says Don. Between them they contain over $800.00 in tackle. Crankbaits, spinners, Lindy rigs, green leaders, Kootenay Lake lures, Mepps, Panthers, many red and white floats, a weight scale, weights ( many of them are 3/8's) many small weights for fly fishing. Many of the lures and crankbaits and spinners are 5 of diamonds as that is my favourite pattern. Thanks for letting me vent folks. I hope to get some of our tackle back but I really doubt thats going to happen.

jesse34567
05-09-2010, 07:03 PM
Holy ****

What an ass

hope you get your tackle back..

Keep us updated with how things go

BigBuck$
05-09-2010, 07:23 PM
Good thing it was you and not me or he would have had at least $800 worth of dental work to pay for :fighting0030:

Triple Threat
05-09-2010, 07:23 PM
I would of called cops when I saw him there, and stoped him from getting in the car until he show me he did not have them. You where a nicer man than I
Sorry for your loss. :fighting0030::fighting0030:

75ft Arborist
05-09-2010, 07:41 PM
That's messed up! Who would do such a thing :mad3: Did it seem like that guy was heading to Clear to do some fishing? Hope so, sounds like some vigilante justice is needed! I mean hypothetically speaking:character0110:

luckyme
05-09-2010, 08:25 PM
sorry to hear that man,hopefully you'll get your gears back.:(

walleyechaser
05-09-2010, 08:39 PM
If I happen to bump into this person and I think its your stuff ill politely break his jaw, nothing makes me more mad than people stealing fishing/camping gear

Crossfire
05-09-2010, 09:20 PM
Wouldn't the RCMP beable to find out who the car is registered to due to you knowing the lisence plate. i hope you get your stuff back some people just dont get cortessy good luck.

Ken07AOVette
05-09-2010, 09:31 PM
I have a bunch of rapalas new in the box that I never use, if you need some lures you are welcome to some.

whitetailhntr
05-09-2010, 09:41 PM
Wouldn't the RCMP beable to find out who the car is registered to due to you knowing the lisence plate. i hope you get your stuff back some people just dont get cortessy good luck.

If you think the RCMP are gonna do anything about some fishing tackle that was "possibly"picked up on the side of the road:snapoutofit: Unless you saw him do the dead and can prove it it just ain't gonna happen.Sorry to the op that you lost your stuff . I had a bow stolen from a storage unit and had a pretty sure idea who had stole it but no real proof...filled out police report and never heard of it again....1500 bucks worth of bow and pair of leupold binos:mad2:

AxeMan
05-09-2010, 10:04 PM
Unfortunately the guy is probably going to ditch the tackle boxes because he knows he is suspect and you have an ID on him and the RCMP may investigate. I would keep an eye out for the tackle boxes around Nanton somewhere as he probably got scared and ditched them. Crappy day no doubt.

Fishfinder
05-09-2010, 11:02 PM
Ouch. Yes, hopefully the RCMP can track him down and he never thought to ditch your gear. Will cross me fingers for ya. The fish gods will get him back let's hope!

hockey1099
05-09-2010, 11:42 PM
Thats some bad news.

But there is nothing that the cops can do. They will never get a search warrant, based on i saw i guy driving away fast. last i checked fish hooks dont have serial numbers so you will never be able to prove the hooks are yours if he some how does get searched.

You didnt tell the cops you were chasing this guy at 175km/hr did you?

The guy is scum. i would stop and pick up tackle as well but if someone came back and said hey did you see a couple of tackle boxes i would gladly give them back.

Castincowboy
05-09-2010, 11:54 PM
I agree with Hockey, this guys a piece of SHEET!
Karmas a beach. He'll get his...

Sorry about your crappy day! You deserve some good luck!

Kudos to Ken for the awesome offer of the Raps. Very sportsman like thing to offer!

BlackHeart
05-10-2010, 12:36 AM
Smirking......reason enough to break the a$sh0Le n two. Why didn't you take the windshied washer thing and beat him like the dog he is???

I am going to write that plate number down, keep it in the truck, pass it along to my friends, and if it is seen........"Had to slam really hard on the brakes for the deer" and "What the F are you looking at buddy...need someone to fix your eyesight?" or "Your girlfriends really hot....Baby wanna know what it like to be with a real man?" Never know when it catches up with you.....at the WEM...at the coffee shop....who knows.

Karma's a B, but sometimes she needs a little help or push....why else would it be called karma if it didn't catch up with you somehow and if its not helped how would it catch up. I believe in the concept of "Weapons of Karma".

monster pike
05-10-2010, 04:44 AM
Thats some bad news.

But there is nothing that the cops can do. They will never get a search warrant, based on i saw i guy driving away fast. last i checked fish hooks dont have serial numbers so you will never be able to prove the hooks are yours if he some how does get searched.

You didnt tell the cops you were chasing this guy at 175km/hr did you?

The guy is scum. i would stop and pick up tackle as well but if someone came back and said hey did you see a couple of tackle boxes i would gladly give them back.

I have to agree with hockey1099
Some of you internet tough guy's make me laugh very funny reading thanks :fighting0030::fighting0030::sHa_sarcasticlol:

Teamprotz
05-10-2010, 06:20 AM
Obviously a NON fisherman !

jusfloatin
05-10-2010, 07:04 AM
Obviously a NON fisherman !

I wish that statement was true but I am sure this douce bag does fish thats why he didn't want to give the boxes back.

I have lost more fishing equipment and related items ( spare tire, led trailer lights, , even 2 rods taken from my boat at Chain south while I went to get the trailer) to theft by a " fisherman " than anything else.

You will find these douce bags in any sport/hobbie.

troller
05-10-2010, 07:07 AM
Smirking......reason enough to break the a$sh0Le n two. Why didn't you take the windshied washer thing and beat him like the dog he is???

Because he was with his wife and son. "hey son I'll show you how it's done, I figure this guy stole some stuff so I am going to assault the heck out of him!!! Then watch dad get hauled off to jail while buddy continues on with his day, still with our tackle box" :scared:

Sorry to hear you had a bad day, handled it perfectly IMO

Shmag
05-10-2010, 07:43 AM
Well the good thing about it is you get to go and get all new tackle, with the wife's approval i'm sure.

800 in 2 tackle boxes would be pretty empty boxes anyways. I used to think i had maybe 1000 in one then a buddy had his stolen and put in an insurance claim for 2500. I said what the heck did you have in there, a rolex or what.

Then i opened mine and started counting and adding up what i had and i was just floored to realize that i had well over 3000 in one box alone, it adds up fast. Just thought i would throw that in, if something happened to mine i would probably put in a claim as well, would be no different than losing a quad or something. Good luck, hope you get rigged up again soon

jusfloatin
05-10-2010, 07:59 AM
Well the good thing about it is you get to go and get all new tackle, with the wife's approval i'm sure.

800 in 2 tackle boxes would be pretty empty boxes anyways. I used to think i had maybe 1000 in one then a buddy had his stolen and put in an insurance claim for 2500. I said what the heck did you have in there, a rolex or what.

Then i opened mine and started counting and adding up what i had and i was just floored to realize that i had well over 3000 in one box alone, it adds up fast. Just thought i would throw that in, if something happened to mine i would probably put in a claim as well, would be no different than losing a quad or something. Good luck, hope you get rigged up again soon

Are you "Nuts" why would anyone want to know how much money they have invested in there tackel boxes? If the wifes were to find out that would be the end of buying anymore new stuff.
We all know how much of a burning need there is to have new Fishing equipment. Some things are best not to know. :thinking-006:

whitetail Junkie
05-10-2010, 08:43 AM
Tough situation!!! If it was me and I happened to notice the tackle boxes in the car of his,then the fight would be on.I know a few hard core fishing guys in nanton from work,i'll tell them to keep an ear out for yaa!!!

Shmag
05-10-2010, 12:44 PM
Are you "Nuts" why would anyone want to know how much money they have invested in there tackel boxes? If the wifes were to find out that would be the end of buying anymore new stuff.
We all know how much of a burning need there is to have new Fishing equipment. Some things are best not to know. :thinking-006:

LMAO...:sEm_oops2:...I figured it would be OK since one tackle box had his wife's(or girlfriends,lol) name on it. Just for the record my wife gets half anyways so i only have 1500 in my box the wife has the other 1500,lol

Well in actuallity it was my stupid way of telling him to put an insurance claim in. Long story short...He went fishing and when he went to get his boxes they were "GONE" Hopefully they were insured through TD:sSc_hiding: lol

BlackHeart
05-10-2010, 06:02 PM
Because he was with his wife and son. "hey son I'll show you how it's done, I figure this guy stole some stuff so I am going to assault the heck out of him!!! Then watch dad get hauled off to jail while buddy continues on with his day, still with our tackle box" :scared:

Sorry to hear you had a bad day, handled it perfectly IMO

DUH!!!

Chased the guy at what speed?? Finally catches up with him and then.............................................. ..nothing. Just a bunch of cops shrugging their shoulders. And someone with tackle he didn't pay (money or a hard fight) for. How is that justice???? Someone gets to walk away with no reprecussions and even has the balls to smirk about it ...pretty cawky about it. This scum must know what the law is like from experience and has no shame or guilt or conscience about keeping stuff that isn't his with the rightful owner right there. WOW.

I cannot know the physical stature or capabilities of the OP, so I can't judge whether he handled it perfectly.....but then neither can you. If your saying he followed the letter of the law, your also wrong IF he chased this guy with his vehicle. So where are you in this. Neither here nor there. If your going to chase, then finish the issue. If your going to leave it to the cops, then don't even start the chase/confrontation. Again I'm not meaning to dump on the OP, he reacted to the situation. But for you to say he handled it perfectly...well I don't think so.

And your comment about watching dad being hauled off to jail....is that the excuse you use to let someone take your stuff scot free. And why would dad be hauled off to jail.....very easy to verbally get the ball rolling so that there is no one in the right...his word against yours and if your both going at it no one is right or wrong.....just one more thing for the cops to shrug their shoulders at.

Tiny
05-10-2010, 07:48 PM
If he was 100% certain the guy had his boxes, he should of just booted the side of the car, when the guy phones the cops to say someone just booted and put a dent in my car and they come to inverstigate, just say he took my tackle out of the box of my truck when i was in the gas station and won't give it back. What was i suppose to do just let him drive away laughing at me,lol CLASSIC!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

jusfloatin
05-10-2010, 07:56 PM
If he was 100% certain the guy had his boxes, he should of just booted the side of the car, when the guy phones the cops to say someone just booted and put a dent in my car and they come to inverstigate, just say he took my tackle out of the box of my truck when i was in the gas station and won't give it back. What was i suppose to do just let him drive away laughing at me,lol CLASSIC!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

That would be a lie and apparently he is a honest person with bad luck and the gas station has camera's

Tiny
05-10-2010, 09:12 PM
That would be a lie and apparently he is a honest person with bad luck and the gas station has camera's

Ok, then just say he has my boxes and won't give em back, thats not a lie. All he has to say is, i can identify my boxes just ask this gentlemen to open his trunk, even better if he stores his fishing license in his box. And if your wrong, well i guess you are fixing his car

plinker
05-10-2010, 09:33 PM
In my previous life as an (azzhole) I would have done something impulsive and stupid. However having had open heart surgery in March I have had a much different take on life. I cannot and will not get riled up about things that I cannot control. Or let anything get to me for that matter. If I do then the SGT. Major and my 17 y/o son are in my face and I am busted like the 3 year old caught in the cookie jar. It is humbling to know that people I love are helping me become a better more controlled person. What also is very humbling is the fact that several people from the board have stepped up and offered to help me. I believe in Karma. When I was trucking on the road I would stop and go to garage sales and look for used fishing rods and tackle and give it to the kids in one of the local Hutterite Colonies. The older elders have rules about purchasing new things for (fun) I made friends with one of the elders and we worked around that. I take nothing for what I did but the great feeling that comes with doing a good deed and helping a kid discover this great sport we call fishing. Now that part of my Karma is coming back and I tell you it's a great feeling. The people on this board are some of the nicest folks I have never met but hope to one day.:)

Echo-Gecko
05-11-2010, 12:07 AM
5'5 and pudgy...I would not smirk if I was him...
Sorry to hear what happened what a *****

floppychicken
05-11-2010, 01:17 AM
Well two ways to deal with it... Get on with life, or work at it and find the 'Right Person' to get you an Address.

You already have the Plate#, so getting an address won't be too difficult. Hell, I wouldn't be surprised if you had someone from this FORUM send you an "ANONYMOUS" e-MAIL from a Hotmail account or something that included BUDDY'S address and/or Name.. (Nudge, Nudge, Wink, Wink...)

I wonder how much the tires and wheels on a Sporty little MAXIMA are worth.... Hmmmmm.

troller
05-11-2010, 06:45 PM
DUH!!!

Chased the guy at what speed?? Finally catches up with him and then.............................................. ..nothing. Just a bunch of cops shrugging their shoulders. And someone with tackle he didn't pay (money or a hard fight) for. How is that justice???? Someone gets to walk away with no reprecussions and even has the balls to smirk about it ...pretty cawky about it. This scum must know what the law is like from experience and has no shame or guilt or conscience about keeping stuff that isn't his with the rightful owner right there. WOW.

I cannot know the physical stature or capabilities of the OP, so I can't judge whether he handled it perfectly.....but then neither can you. If your saying he followed the letter of the law, your also wrong IF he chased this guy with his vehicle. So where are you in this. Neither here nor there. If your going to chase, then finish the issue. If your going to leave it to the cops, then don't even start the chase/confrontation. Again I'm not meaning to dump on the OP, he reacted to the situation. But for you to say he handled it perfectly...well I don't think so.

And your comment about watching dad being hauled off to jail....is that the excuse you use to let someone take your stuff scot free. And why would dad be hauled off to jail.....very easy to verbally get the ball rolling so that there is no one in the right...his word against yours and if your both going at it no one is right or wrong.....just one more thing for the cops to shrug their shoulders at.

I have better things to do than argue opinions on the interweb so I`ll just say...

You have your opinion and I respect that, I don`t agree with it but I respect your right to have one. *cheers*

whitewolf
05-11-2010, 07:08 PM
guys like that always get it in the end literally....he will smirk at the wrong person one day and he will be picking his chicklets of the ground and i have a tire iron and jack to help out....

Ken07AOVette
05-12-2010, 10:31 PM
I had a guy smirk at me like that one day coming into Edmonton, cut me off twice. I followed him to a dealership in the North East end, right on his bumper. When I got out of my car, after him putting me into the median, he was still smiling at me.

I was not smiling.

I had long hair, my biker shirt on, work boots, and a real bad attitude towards this idiot. He keeps smiling.

As I approached him, 6'7 in the boots and loaded with angry, his smile started to relax a little.

I went up one side of him and down the other, and dared him to smile at me ONE MORE TIME.

He apologized, said he was from Lloydminster, did not know the city and had to keep up with his partner in the truck ahead of him.

I graduated with his Dad. When I found that out, I settled down a bit. I would have felt bad laying a beating on someone 20 years younger than me.

Anyway, here are the new hooks I am offering, let me know which ones you would like and they are on the way. I have another package of them for you too, will all arrive in 1 box.

http://i211.photobucket.com/albums/bb267/KbxSrx/IMAG0233.jpg