PDA

View Full Version : Bow in Banff Report

Albertafisher
05-09-2010, 07:52 PM
Hey everyone,
I was just in out for a quick wedding and back, but I got some fishing in :)
I was at the bow river in the heart of Banff and I caught my first browns! And my buddy caught a small bull on a jig and grub.
I was using a Mepps Syclops and I was throwing it into the current and letting it drift down.
Right now the Bow is amazing and if I wasn't so lazy and brought out my fly rod I probably would of caught ten times the amount of fish.

the holster
05-09-2010, 08:48 PM
Don't want to sound like a jerk but I hope you had a National Parks license. Fines can be heavy if you're caught without one. Heck, you can't even use splitshots in a National Park. Tight Lines!
the holster

Albertafisher
05-09-2010, 09:07 PM
Of course, I have a annual parks license. but thanks anyway.

jeprli
05-10-2010, 10:06 AM
Not so sure you're allowed to use lead weight is what he meant.

Always wanted to try out that part of river, but it seems only times I go up there is with family and then there is no time...

Mudslide
05-10-2010, 10:32 AM
You can get jigs made of Bismuth instead of lead and use them in Banff. Most people who buy a license and fish the park know that. I've noticed an awful lot of jumping to conclusions and accusations on the board lately. Lets try asking first instead of accusing everyone of things we DO NOT KNOW ARE TRUE!!!

spopadyn
05-10-2010, 10:55 AM
You can get jigs made of Bismuth instead of lead and use them in Banff. Most people who buy a license and fish the park know that. I've noticed an awful lot of jumping to conclusions and accusations on the board lately. Lets try asking first instead of accusing everyone of things we DO NOT KNOW ARE TRUE!!!

It drives me crazy that you are so right. It seems everyone has somehow turned into a F&W officer. Another thread starting out with the internet police. Good job catching the browns!

Albertafisher
05-10-2010, 04:03 PM
Thanks everyone,
But the rule is that you can only use lead lures above 50 grams. which isnt that logical but what ever I use tin splitshot so its no big deal.