PDA

View Full Version : hows the walleye fishing coming

walleyechaser
05-10-2010, 01:37 PM
It seems that my usual walleye zone is filled with burbot right now, but still fun to catch none the less. How is everyone doing walleye wise?

biggest one i caught is 52cm, so not very big, did lose one big one on a buddies rod, needless to say he was not too impressed

Fishfinder
05-10-2010, 02:18 PM
It seems that my usual walleye zone is filled with burbot right now, but still fun to catch none the less. How is everyone doing walleye wise?

biggest one i caught is 52cm, so not very big, did lose one big one on a buddies rod, needless to say he was not too impressed

Same thing here for us too. Have seen as many burbot come out of a regular spot for walleye as we have seen walters so far this yr. Yes, still fun! Buddy managed a little tagged sturgeon today outta same hole, bout 5-8#s I'm gussing. The walters have been few and far between on the riv thus far.

jacenbeers
05-10-2010, 06:26 PM
Between Saturday and Sunday, after never having caught a walleye before, I managed to catch 15 in total. Super good walleye fishing this year.

braxxtonn
05-10-2010, 09:16 PM
have been catching a few on the ssr , but nothing over 20 inches

SturgeonHunter
05-10-2010, 09:28 PM
caught a small sturg at redcliff pump house today, they were jumping like crazy. No eyes either