PDA

View Full Version : whats in eagle lake (strathmore)?

howlin
05-10-2010, 09:45 PM
going there tomorrow (been there before but no luck).i know about the pike and walters ,but is there any ling or perch?whats good to use there?thanks guys

fishyuncle
05-11-2010, 01:15 AM
Eagle Lake
Walleye limit 3 over 50 cm; Pike limit 3 over 63 cm; Perch limit 15; Burbot limit 10
Use a Rapala, or a green head Jig tipped with a minnow.
Or a black 2 tail Jig...looks like a leech.

I was there Sunday with my son. The water clarity was Horrible. Couldn't see the hook at all until it was out of the water. Not even a nibble. Going to guess that the water has cleared up a little. Let me know how it goes. I want to get back out there soon, before the weeds make it unfishable for the summer.

floppychicken
05-11-2010, 01:22 AM
That place is basically DEAD. The whole lake is turning into a SLOUGH and it won't be too long before there are NO fish in that lake.

I've seen two 5lb plus EYES pulled out of there, along with some pretty decent PIKE, but that's History now.

The weed and algae encroachment is UNBELIEVABLE and apparently it's CHOKING the life out of that body of water due to VERY LOW oxyen levels or something like that...

Good Luck!

/J...

Fishingnutter
05-11-2010, 01:25 AM
Eagle Lake
Walleye limit 3 over 50 cm; Pike limit 3 over 63 cm; Perch limit 15; Burbot limit 10
Use a Rapala, or a green head Jig tipped with a minnow.
Or a black 2 tail Jig...looks like a leech.

I was there Sunday with my son. The water clarity was Horrible. Couldn't see the hook at all until it was out of the water. Not even a nibble. Going to guess that the water has cleared up a little. Let me know how it goes. I want to get back out there soon, before the weeds make it unfishable for the summer.

... got to the eastern end of the old rail line about 200 yards before the end of the rocks. i'm not sure of night fishing rules but set up a pickerel rig with #8 sized hooks and set with half a small smelt, head ends or dead but sturdy minnows. cast out no more than a lob of 10 feet out. pickerel frenzy, and don't worry about the turbidity of the water, in fact if it were clear, i'd say you'd have less luck.

ed

bowfin
05-11-2010, 07:12 AM
i have not been there for a number of yrs used to fish off the point right across from the boat launch we used rattle traps trolling and casting and had very good luck catching eyes sounds like the water conditions have not changed since the last time i was there lol the rip and pause method worked best when fishing the rattle traps

Steel Creature
06-02-2010, 11:57 PM
Went there today for the first time we had my boat,the water level is really low.Had the fish finder on and not that many fish.We didn't catch anything only one bite.That water has so much cow poop in it the muskitos wanted nothing to do with my legs after getting wet trying to get the boat out far enough to let the motor down.The deepest spot i could find was 20' everywhere else was 12'deep.:sign0176: